The Android Developer is responsible for fast-paced Android software development for both internal and external projects. They will work closely with other development teams to align Android application features with department goals and expectations. This position will also serve as a subject-matter expert for Android technologies and development.
The Android Developer is responsible for:
- Planning and development of a wide range of Android software applications for new and existing high-availability applications
- Acting as a subject-matter expert for Android technologies and development
- Collaborating with a range of development teams for completion of Android projects
- Overseeing entire SDLC from planning, design, development, integration, and implementation of Android applications
- Gathering requirements from internal and external sources
- Communicating with team members and development leadership on new or existing project timelines, direction, etc.
- Regular attendance required
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years of native Android development experience and have built large-scale, high-availability Android applications
- 3+ years of significant native Android application development
- Experience using Kotlin a plus
- Strong Java programming skills, as well as additional experience with other programming languages
- Knowledge of a wide range of Android development tools including Android SDK, Google Firebase, etc.
- Proven ability to write clear, concise, and manageable code
- Experience developing in an Agile environment
- Skill with hybrid technologies is a plus
- A portfolio of apps published on Google Play Store is a plus but not required
Paycom provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other considerations made unlawful by applicable state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Paycom expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, or genetic characteristics.
Apply on company website