We Are Hiring:
Culinary Specialist - Oconomowoc - Full-Time, Day/PM Rotation
Begin your story with ProHealth Care Food Services. Enjoy our video series featuring our own employees sharing why they choose ProHealth Care and what they enjoy about working here.
Schedule Details: Shift is either from 5:30am-2:00pm or 11:00am-7:30pm
Within our open concept dining spaces, patrons can find amazing cuisine ranging from gourmet hand crafted salads, scratch made comfort-food recipes, and our own interpretation of ethnic and global cuisine. Grab-and-Go items offer excellent nourishment for those on the move, and our weekly specials and promotional events provide the necessary Spice-of-Life variety. Our High-End Catering Team can compete with any 5-star establishment and easily erases the stigma attached to “Hospital Food”. We are also proud to support our local vendors by brewing and serving Door County Coffee in addition to sourcing the freshest ingredients available. No need to continue your search; culinary excellence awaits!
Why Join ProHealth Care:
We have nearly 5,000 dedicated clinical and non-clinical employees and physicians who work together every day to serve the health and well-being of our community. At ProHealth Care everyone contributes to the care our patients receive. And, everyone is treated with kindness and respect in our welcoming environment.
This Position Will Offer You:
- Engaging and community focused culture
- Competitive Salaries
- Opportunity for professional career growth
- Robust benefits including: Generous PTO; Choices in insurance; HSA; Tuition reimbursement; immediate 401K match; discounted tickets to various entertainment, social and sporting events
What You Will Do:
It is the responsibility of the Culinary Specialist to perform a variety of duties to support the effective functioning of the department including, but not limited to: food preparation for patients, guests, retail outlet(s) and catered functions. The Culinary Specialist executes all necessary tasks to a high degree of cleanliness, quality and sanitation in all areas specific to food production and catering.
- Maintains high standards of hygiene, cleanliness and safety throughout all kitchen areas at all times
- Responsible for preparation and cooking of patient food by following detail parameters of prescribed therapeutic diets.
- Responsible for preparation and cooking of food products in retail outlet(s), catered events, and Meals on Wheels/Caring Place programs (if applicable) according to provided recipes and Food Service Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining food temperature logs for all hot and cold food items in holding in accordance with HACCP, The Joint Commission, County, State and ServSafe guidelines.
- Receives food products from Food Vendor or Material Handler and is responsible for product quality inspection, dating and labeling of food products, and proper storage and rotation of food products in accordance with Food Service Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for placing daily orders for produce, milk, and/or bread as assigned, or scheduled.
- Responsible for cash register operations as assigned.
- Has the ability to perform and/or produce basic culinary fundamentals including, but not limited to: emulsified vinaigrette, béchamel sauce, skin and sear salmon fillets, break down different primal cuts of meat. Able to demonstrate proper knife skills and plated meal presentations.
- Provides polite and friendly customer service to all customers in retail, room service, or catered settings and accommodates all dietary requests as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate's degree in Culinary Arts or Food Services preferred
- ServSafe Certified at time of hire or within 90 days of hire
- Other duties as assigned.
Learn more at ProHealthCare.org/Careers.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website