We Are Hiring: Medical Assistant or Clinic LPN - Medical Oncology - Cancer Center Mukwonago - .9 FTE
Begin your story at the UW Cancer Center at ProHealth Care in Medical Oncology. Enjoy our video series featuring our own employees sharing why they choose ProHealth Care and what they enjoy about working here.
Schedule Details: The primary location will be Mukwonago, with 8 hour shifts staggered from 7:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday. Weekend rotation required - typically 1 every 16 weeks. Travel to Pewaukee and Oconomowoc may be required.
Why Join ProHealth Care:
We have nearly 5,000 dedicated clinical and non-clinical employees and physicians who work together every day to serve the health and well-being of our community. At ProHealth Care everyone contributes to the care our patients receive. And, everyone is treated with kindness and respect in our welcoming environment. The UW Cancer Center at ProHealth Care has maintained Outstanding Achievement Award status from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC) since 2004. The Outstanding Achievement Award recognizes cancer programs that demonstrate excellence by earning commendation for all applicable standards and providing quality care to patients with cancer.
This Position Will Offer You:
- Engaging and community focused culture
- Competitive Salaries
- Opportunity for professional career growth
- Robust benefits including: Generous PTO; Choices in insurance; HSA; Tuition reimbursement; immediate 401K match; discounted tickets to various entertainment, social and sporting events #LI-MO *CA
What You Will Do:
The Clinic LPN (or Medical Assistant) performs assigned nursing procedures for the comfort and well-being of patients.
Some of the job responsibilities include: preparing exam room; ensure sufficient stock of supplies, materials, and instruments; room patients and obtain vital signs; request and record health history; and ensure accurate and timely documentation into the EMR (Electronic Medical Record) or other patient records.
You Will Need:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Current state license required for those who completed the LPN education program.
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) certification preferred but not required for those who completed the Medical Assistant education program or Completion of an accredited LPN education program or Documented completion of the United States Military Medical Corpsman program
- Successful completion of a 1-year accredited Medical Assistant program qualified by the AAMA preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a physician office as a MA or LPN
- Experience with IV insertion, injections, and EPIC are desired skills as this individual will practice at the top of their license in this role
- BLS (CPR) *CA #LI-MO
Outpatient medical oncology is a busy department with patients being seen in clinic by a provider, either a Medical Oncologist or Nurse Practitioner. In addition we provide infusion services which may include chemotherapy, blood transfusions, or other IV therapies. Our clinic staff is made up of Nationally Certified Oncology RN's, Oncology Nurse Navigators, LPN's and secretarial staff to take care of patient needs.
ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. This spring we will be opening an additional hospital in Mukwonago, offering more job opportunities.
Learn more at ProHealthCare.org/Careers.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website