We Are Hiring:
Patient Companion - System Float - 0.6 FTE - 8 hr Days/PMs
Begin your story with ProHealth Care System Float. Enjoy our video series featuring our own employees sharing why they choose ProHealth Care and what they enjoy about working here.
Schedule Details: 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm. Every other weekend rotation and holiday rotation.
System Float provides an exciting opportunity to interact with a variety of staff members and patients throughout the hospital division. The various units offer staff a refreshing change in atmosphere. It also allows staff to expand their knowledge base and continuously advance their practice. System Float team members travel to all ProHealth Care hospitals and may work on any of the following specialties: Medical/Surgical, Ortho/Neuro, Observation, Inpatient Oncology, Heart Care, Intensive Care, and Behavioral Health.
Why Join ProHealth Care:
We have nearly 5,000 dedicated clinical and non-clinical employees and physicians who work together every day to serve the health and well-being of our community. At ProHealth Care everyone contributes to the care our patients receive. And, everyone is treated with kindness and respect in our welcoming environment.
This Position Will Offer You:
- Engaging and community focused culture
- Competitive Salaries
- Opportunity for professional career growth
- Robust benefits including: Generous PTO; Choices in insurance; HSA; Tuition reimbursement; immediate 401K match; discounted tickets to various entertainment, social and sporting events
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN), the patient companion (sitter) provides constant observation of patients. The sitter assists in providing a safe environment for the patient. Verbal report from the RN includes information regarding the patient's identified care needs, diagnosis, visual, auditory or language barriers, as well as any special considerations. This role works directly with the patient in his/her hospital room or works at a central visual monitoring station to maintain constant visual observation of multiple patients.
This position requires a person who possesses a calming yet professional demeanor and exhibits a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work productively under stress. The position requires one to be flexible in their assignments and the ability to work with a variety of patient populations with a variety of medical and behavioral health conditions.
What you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- The employee in this position must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide a safe environment for patient with a wide variety of medical and mental health conditions.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate observed changes in behavior/activity to the nursing staff
- Demonstrates understanding and proficiency of the use of the software and computer systems required for the role.
Learn more at ProHealthCare.org/Careers.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website