Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals' wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
North Central Bronx Hospital is a state-of-the-art community hospital located in an attractive and safe residential Bronx neighborhood just 20 minutes north of Manhattan. It is a North Bronx Healthcare Network facility affiliated with Jacobi Medical Center and an academic affiliate and major teaching site of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. It offers a full continuum of acute care inpatient and outpatient services in medical and surgical specialties, including psychiatry. The department of psychiatry has 70 adult and geriatric acute inpatient beds, a partial hospital program, psychiatric emergency and consultation-liaison services, an adult ambulatory practice, and a community-based assertive community treatment program. The department employs evidenced-based best practices in providing the highest quality care to its patients in a patient-centered approach that is respectful of their individuality, culture, and community.
The inpatient service has an opening for a Staff Psychiatrist for one of its Geriatric/Adult units. We are seeking a Board Certified (or BE if within 5 years of graduation) psychiatrist. We provide opportunities for leadership/ teaching/learning with an ideal mix of academics and clinical service. You will also enjoy a comfortable and cordial work environment, and receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package. There are opportunities for additional paid sessional work, but there is no mandatory on-call requirement.Responsibilities:
- The staff Psychiatrist will have responsibility for clinical and educational activities on a 24-bed acute Geriatric/adult inpatient unit, including participation in a multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Direct supervision of Psychologists, Social Workers, Psychiatric PA staff and Medical Students
- Report to Director of Inpatient Services
- Conduct staff meetings, clinical conferences, collect data and complete investigations and reports.
- Intergrate and coordinate unit activites with hospital and program director
- Participation in all activities related to clinical care and documentation of care, performance improvement, regulatory compliance, and student supervision, education & training
- Participate in our innovative integrative care activities
- Eligible for license in the state of NY and DEA
- ABMS Board Certified
- Graduated from ACGME or AOA approved training program
- Completion of an approved Psychiatry residency program and Geriatric fellowship
- 5 years of satisfactory full-time paid experience in psychiatric practice.
- Superior leadership, clinical, Diagnostic, interpersonal/communication and team-building skills.
You will receive:
- An Academic Appointment at AECOM
- Opportunities for Departmental Representation via hospital committee work
- Opportunities for Leadership Education
- Opportunities for Research
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
Please email your CV to Joe Mastov, Physician Recruiter, at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurtu...
Apply on company website