We can't wait to share our passion for aviation with you! Join a team that works hard, cares for each other and offers plenty of opportunities to grow.At Piedmont Airlines, our strength is the way we deliver industry-leading service to our customers and airline partners. To continue our standard of excellence, Piedmont is seeking a motivated, reliable professional to join our team as a Ramp Supervisor in our Customer Operations Department.
Supervisors must keep both the company goals and customer expectations in mind when overseeing daily operations. In this role you will provide oversight and direct on-the-job training for new hires and recurrent training for existing employees in all ramp functions. Responsibilities include briefing and distribution of training material/checklists to mentors, creating and coordinating schedules and providing hands-on assistance to the Training Department along with feedback to direct managers. Approve employees for release to duty after completion of training programs. This position requires the successful candidate to work a varied work schedule.
Responsible to meet or exceed all performance goals. Coach and provide career development to the staff. Correct non-compliant behavior and impose disciplinary action as required. Understand the corporate culture, policies and goals, and take measures to implement these into daily work routines. Manage the operational activities of the department in accordance with established policies and procedures. Manage a staff of employees with varied duties. Administrative duties may include daily/weekly/monthly reports. Maximize operational performance for the station by adjusting to changes in operational conditions and pro-actively solving problems. Supervise, direct and monitor personnel in the completion of their duties and make adjustments, as necessary, to ensure on-time performance and quality customer service. Provide support when employee absence affects the operation.
Job Qualifications and Competencies:
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently, set and meet own deadlines
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and support staff
- Able to defuse conflicts among team members
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite
- Flexible schedule
- Valid Driver's License
- Previous airline management experience
- Current Piedmont employee with a minimum six months of service
- Knowledge of basic airport procedures and fundamental job requirements for gate and ramp agents
- Extensive knowledge of QIK, Sabre
- Bachelor's Degree in Aviation, Business, or related field
- Use of computers and other office equipment
- Airport ramp environment, subject to varied weather conditions and elevated noise levels
- All shifts including weekends, nights, holidays and/or irregular shifts
- Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, walking, standing, reaching, lifting, climbing up and down stairs
- Handle objects up to 70 pounds
- Assist passengers with disabilities, including, but not limited to, pushing wheelchairs
The above statements provide a brief description of the general nature of work performed and not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position. Duties and expectations are subject to change as needed.
Employment is contingent upon a clear Driving Record, 10-year Criminal History Records Check, and Drug Screen as required. We also require proof of High School or GED completion. Minimum 18 years of age.
Benefit package includes paid training, holiday pay, 401(k), vacation, family travel on the American Airlines network, medical and dental available.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Apply on company website