Company: Pima Medical Institute
Location: San Marcos, CA
Career Level: Hourly
Industries: Government, Nonprofit, Education
Instruct and implement the Medical Assistant program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and materials of modules.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon student need and established curriculum.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Maintain student attendance and grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each module to update student records and transcripts.
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, community service field trips, and visits to clinics and medical offices.
- Prepare lectures and practical demonstrations for students in class and individually.
- Assist and advise student with Medical Assistant program curriculum.
- May assist with the inventory and ordering of supplies and equipment.
- May assist and coordinate externships for Medical Assistant students.
- Monitor students in the classroom. Assist students and ensure safety precautions are adhered to.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or a graduate of an otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program) in Medical Assisting or training from an institution located outside of the United States and its territories in Medical Assisting.
- Three (3) years occupational (i.e., practical) experience as a Medical Assistant.
- Four (4) years of job-related training and experience for those instructors who are not graduates from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Current medical assistant registration or certification through a nationally recognized and accredited certifying agency (CMA or RMA).
- If applicable in addition to the above criteria, must have a current license, certification, or other designation as required by local, state, or federal laws to work in the Medical Assistant field.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer skills.
Apply on company website