SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
House Supervisor Administration Nursing Administration PRN FTE 0.001
Plantation General Hospital
Plantation, FL Facility Description:
Plantation General Hospital, a 264-bed acute care hospital, has served Plantation and Central Broward County since 1966. Conveniently are located within minutes of the Florida Turnpike, between I-595 and I-95, we are known for our family friendly atmosphere and for delivering the very best care to our patients and the communities we serve. Plantation General is a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and an American College of Surgeons COC Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. With an intense focus in Women and Children's Services, we have received Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™, and offer private postpartum, quality high risk OB care and a Level III NICU. Our other specialties include bariatric, behavioral healthcare, Intensive Outpatient Program, Adult and Pediatric ER, and minimally invasive robotic assisted surgery.
We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities and how you can join our dedicated family of healthcare professionals.
We are seeking for a passionate and dedicated Registered Nurse to serve as House Supervisor. The Nursing Supervisor manages and coordinates the implementation procedures that will benefit all patient care activities and the personnel who perform them, during evening, night and weekend shifts. As a House Supervisor some of your task and responsibilities will be to:
- Actively participates in orientation of nursing supervisors.
- Confer with the Department Manager regarding employee counseling needs and disciplinary action in accordance with department procedures.
- Consider overall function of the hospital when making decisions, including consideration of entire scope and ramification of situation.
- Consult with and advise administrator on call of situations requiring follow-up or specific attention.
- Coordinate staffing to ensure continuity, appropriate level of care and maximum utilization of personnel for assigned shift.
- Demonstrate a complete awareness of legal aspects, patients' rights and hospital liabilities when making decisions.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude, acting as a role model for other staff members.
- Demonstrate ability to foresee potential problem situations ad intervenes to offset situations.
- Elicit evaluative feedback from patients, families and others in an attempt to resolve any unmet needs or opportunities.
- Ensure compliance to JCAHO and all applicable governmental agencies.
- Ensure familiarity with hospital emergency procedures and their role as Administrative Supervisor.
- Ensure follow-through on nursing office schedules and staffing sheets on all schedule changes.
- Ensure on-call departments are contacted and utilized as per policy and procedure i.e., Endo/GI, Surgery, Interventional Radiology.
- Ensure that all expirations are completed appropriately, including notification of the medical examiner, where indicated.
- Ensure that sick calls/absences are recorded on the daily sheets and in Facility Scheduler.
- Ensure that census, staff allowed on each unit according to matrix, staffing provided to each unit and variance on each unit are documented on the daily staffing sheets each shift.
- Investigate patient, visitor, employee and physician incidents and takes immediate action to resolve them, including follow-up.
- Maintain documentation of issues on the daily report sheet in Meditech and ensures communication to appropriate manager, where indicated.
- Maintain flexibility in supervision schedule and coverage in order to meet department needs.
- Make rounds on designated patients daily i.e., VIP, concerns, risks.
- Oversee the care rendered by personnel and reviews documentation where indicated.
- Participate in direct patient care, functioning as a role model.
- Participate in Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
- Provide feedback to the Department Manager regarding the performance of staff members, where appropriate.
- Read e-mail on a consistent basis in order to stay apprised of changes and information updates.
- Support Nursing Department and Hospital philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Utilize administrator on-call appropriately for the decision making process.
- Work in conjunction with the medical staff and admitting office to facilitate the appropriate admission, discharge and transfer of patients.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- Two (2) year Associate Degree (ASN) required.
- Four (4) year Bachelor Degree (BSN) preferred or working towards same.
- Minimum of two (2) years current Critical Care/Emergency clinical experience.
- Nursing Supervision experience preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website