DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room (OR) Part-Time Days FTE 0.6 Plantation General Hospital
Plantation, FLFacility Description:
Plantation General Hospital, a 264-bed acute care hospital, has served Plantation and Central Broward County since 1966. Conveniently are located within minutes of the Florida Turnpike, between I-595 and I-95, we are known for our family friendly atmosphere and for delivering the very best care to our patients and the communities we serve. Plantation General is a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and an American College of Surgeons COC Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. With an intense focus in Women and Children's Services, we have received Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™, and offer private postpartum, quality high risk OB care, and a Level III NICU. Our other specialties include bariatric, behavioral healthcare, Intensive Outpatient Program, Adult and Pediatric ER, and minimally invasive robotic assisted surgery.
We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities and how you can join our dedicated family of healthcare professionals.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Registered Nurse to join our Operating Room (OR) team. The registered nurse is responsible for the direct and indirect total nursing care of their assigned patients. They are also responsible for the supervision of assigned personnel. The position requires intimate knowledge of both department and hospital policies and procedures relevant to the delivery of nursing care. Interpretive skills, frequent interactive and consultative associations, along with management and supervisory skills are inherent in the position. You must be able to circulate for all major surgical specialties, adult, pediatric and neonatal. As a Registered Nurse in the Operating Room (OR), some of your primary responsibilities will be to:
Document each surgical case in a timely manner with all appropriate documentation on chart as per hospital policy.
Provide safe and effective nursing care to patients requiring surgical intervention.
- Administer medication.
Develop care plans and implements control of surgical suite environment according to hospital policy and procedures.
- Follow the chain of command.
Provide standard of care per established Plantation General Hospital policies and unit specific competencies.
- Assume command of assigned OR suite.
- Maintain a safe, calm and controlled environment.
Handling and documenting all specimens and implants appropriately.
Being knowledgeable and follow safety and troubleshooting guidelines for all OR equipment.
Display a commitment to maintain an operative count preoperatively,
intraoperatively, and postoperatively.
Maintain vigilance at all times as per hospital count policy.
Consistently displays the behaviors that enhance the image of the organization as evidenced by professional and courteous behavior toward all customers including co-workers.
Take pride in the hospital's physical environment.
Demonstrate an understanding of, adheres to, and exhibits behavior that reflects the values and the Company's Code of Conduct.
Manage difficult or emotional customer situations.
Deal with conflict appropriately and privately.
Demonstrate understanding of the National Patient Safety Goals and if applicable Core Measure.
Follow established guidelines for reporting medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient's harm.
Demonstrate knowledge of the occurrence/incident reporting system and follows established time frame for completion.
- Demonstrate skilled communication and interactions with patients, families, physicians and other members of the healthcare team.
- Maintains and protects patient's rights,confidentiality and privacy.
Incorporate patient safety and performance improvement into work practice.
- Adheres to all hospital policies regarding administration and management of narcotics, including counting, reordering, waste management, etc.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Life Support Course (PALS) and certification preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year Operating Room (OR) experience required.
- Two (2) year Associate Degree in Nursing (ASN) required.
- Four (4) year Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website