DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Risk Management Coordinator Full-timeFTE 1.0
Plantation General Hospital
Named one of the nation's Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in 2016 by The Joint Commission, Plantation General Hospital is a 264-bed, acute care hospital that has served Plantation and Central Broward County for more than 50 years. Our facility provides easy access to the vast resources of the HCA Hospital Network, which includes surgeons who excel in minimally invasive surgery with an intense focus in Women and Children's Services. A Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and 2-year recipient of Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™, we are located within minutes of the Florida Turnpike, I-595 and I-95. Plantation General Hospital offers emergency rooms and intensive care units designated for children, pregnant women and adults. Our goal is to deliver the very best care to our communities and the patients we serve.
Plantation General Hospital is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment.
The Risk Coordinator consistently maintains the Incident Reporting System and all related reports for Risk Management Committees, monitors and responds to regulatory reporting requirements. Maintains the data for Claims Management and related financial responsibilities. Provides functional and process support to the Hospital's MIDAS users including training, problem-solving and report writing.
- Receive patient complaints and process as appropriate (de-escalate, provide calm, courteous assistance).
- Assist in internal/external survey events to include preparation, being readily available, and assist with action plan/report/response creation/completion.
- Compile data from reports and inputs into a spreadsheet format for presentation to committees utilizing Excel, Word and or Power Point as appropriate.
- Effectively report, investigate, and analyze patient safety incidents, medical errors, and potential risks in the facility.
- Coordinate committees and/or meetings including scheduling, creating agendas, taking & transcribing minutes, providing reminder calls, etc. and other duties necessary for successful meetings as requested.
- Support improved outcomes by emphasizing both appropriate behaviors and robust systems that include concise accountability measures and follow-up.
- Work with facility leaders to ensure thorough, credible, and timely event management.
- Join with facility leaders to identify and hardwire behavioral norms that promote a culture of safety.
- Work with defense legal counsel to coordinate the investigation, processing, and defense of claims against the facility; records, collects, documents, maintains, and provides to defense attorneys any requested information and documents necessary manage facility claims while maintaining privilege of PSWP.
- Bachelor's Degree in a healthcare related field required; Master's Degree preferred.
- Certified Professional in Health Care Risk Management (CPHRM) within 12 months of hire date; Must maintain CPHRM while in role
- Clinical acute care background highly preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills; tendency to be organized, ability to plan, and structured.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website