pOpshelf's mission is to make every day special by providing shoppers a stress-free shopping destination for everyday items and those special things that make living better. With most items priced under $5, in addition to a complement of extreme value items priced above $5, we make it easy for consumers to stay within their budget while treating themselves at the same time! pOpshelf offers a fun, on-trend and rotating selection of seasonal, houseware, home décor, health and beauty products, home cleaning supplies and paper products and party goods in addition to candy & snacks, toys, games and electronics, among other items. As part of our fun and customer-centered team, you help us create an experience that enables our customers to easily find the items they need and have fun finding the things they want. You are part of creating an atmosphere that is relaxed and comfortable through your approachability and eye for displaying a fresh assortment of practical basics and unique, on-trend products.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, etc.)
- Ability to perform cash register functions and operate other tools to generate reports. (e.g. HHT, self-checkout, store computer, etc.)
- Ability to develop and maintain organization and to attend to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to interface with store associates, suppliers and customers in a respectful and effective manner.
- Strong product inventory knowledge and creative merchandising abilities.
- Ability to drive own vehicle to the bank to deposit money.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
- One year of experience in a specialty retail environment preferred.
- Six months supervisory or team lead experience preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Frequent walking and standing.
- Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling to run check out station, stock merchandise and unload trucks.
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as hand-held scanner, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers, two-wheel dollies, and U-boats (six-wheel carts).
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 55 pounds.
- Occasional climbing (using ladder).
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet floor surfaces.
- Occasionally exposed to household and industrial cleaning solutions.
- Occasional or regular driving/providing own transportation to make bank deposits and assist in other locations as needed.
pOpshelf is an equal opportunity employer
The Assistant Team Leader helps maintain a clean, well-organized store while assisting the Store Team Leader in creating a customer first store culture through exceptional store standards and team engagement. At the direction and delegation of the Store Team Leader, the Assistant Team Leader assists with supervision of store employees, management and presentation of merchandise, completion of paperwork, and preparation of deposits. The Assistant Team Leader also performs stocking and cashiering functions and performs other duties as necessary to maximize profitability and customer satisfaction while protecting company assets and reducing losses.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides superior customer service to exceed the customer's expectations; greet and assists customers, and operate cash register and scanner to itemize the customer's purchase.
- Assists the Store Team Leader in creating and supporting a customer first store culture.
- Model product knowledge and selling techniques to enhance the customer experience. Help facilitate and maintain a safe, clean and well-organized store environment that delights our customers and employees.
- Facilitates merchandising the store in a manner that is appealing to customers and retains customer excitement to shop at popshelf℠.
- With the assistance of Company merchandising guidelines, rotates product to create eye-catching displays to drive sales.
- Assist Store Team Leader with educating store team about store products so they can engage customers and provide a differentiated, easy, and fun shopping experience.
- Maintain daily and weekly cleaning checklists to provide a superior customer shopping experience.
- Ensure condense and reset standards are maintained consistently each day to provide a clutter free customer shopping experience.
- Open and close the store a minimum of two days per week.
- Assist Store Team Leader with scheduling employees, providing adequate training for employees, conducting safety meetings, and ensuring employee compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Follow company work processes to manage merchandise, including receiving, unpacking, stocking, restocking and rotating merchandise on shelves and building merchandise displays.
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory levels by controlling damages, markdowns, scanning, paperwork, and facility controls.
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of plan-o-zones; ensure merchandise is presented according to established practices and Store Manager direction.
- Assist in ensuring financial integrity of the store through strict cashier accountability, key control, adherences to company security practices and cash control procedures; authorize and sign for refunds and overrides, count register tills, and deposit money in bank.
- Assist customers in self-checkout process at multiple register terminals simultaneously.
- Assist with management of the store in the Store Team Leader's absence.
Apply on company website