Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Clinical Dietitian opening with Portsmouth Regional Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.Benefits
Portsmouth Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Clinical Dietitian for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!Job Summary and Qualifications
Performs the key functions of nutrition care according to system policy including nutrition screening, assessments, development of care plan, order writing, and follow-up monitoring/reassessment of patients identified to be at nutrition risk.
Develops, implements and promotes quality services (both clinical and food) based on client expectations and needs.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Customer Focus: The ability to provide excellent service to customers. This includes seeking to meet customer needs and demands quickly and effectively; remaining calm and professional when dealing with customers that are difficult or upset. Treating customers with dignity and respect. All patients, nursing staff, visitors, volunteers and coworkers will be given prompt and courteous attention. Patient confidentiality must be maintained at all times. Answer questions within your scope of practice and refer other questions to the appropriate person.
- Ethics and Compliance: Conduct demonstrates compliance with and reporting of suspected violations of all relevant laws, regulations compliance policies & procedures, and the Code of Conduct.
- Age-Related Competencies: Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to identify and provide nutrition care to all age groups from pediatrics through elderly adults.
Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret age appropriate data about the patients' status in order to identify age-specific needs and provide the care needed.
Demonstrates age appropriate communication skills for the patient population served.
- Analytical Thinking-The ability to gather information from a variety of sources, analyze the information, identify implications of data, draw appropriate conclusions, generate solutions to a question or problem and evaluate the consequences of the action.
- Drive and Dependability: The ability and willingness to demonstrate eagerness, enthusiasm, optimism, and passion when working. Possesses ambition.
- Communication: The ability to speak clearly and politely to patients, family members, all members of the healthcare team, management, associates and customers when conveying information.
- Position Competency Skills:
A. Manages all aspects of patient care including: Screening for nutrition risk, assessment, intervention, care and discharge planning to ensure patients' nutrition needs are met and outcomes are effectively monitored.
B. Collaborates with the patient and/or family member, and health care team to assess nutrition and education needs of patients.
C. Uses the Nutrition Care Process for documentation of patient care plans.
D. Bases clinical practice on sound scientific principles, current research and theory.
E. Identifies monitors and evaluates enteral and parenteral nutrition support regimens.
F. Accepts verbal/written orders, and writes nutrition related orders
G. Assess patients' learning needs, barriers to learning, preferred learning styles and educational level and provides nutrition education accordingly.
H. Educates patients, their family members and the medical staff on appropriate nutrition care.
I. Applies knowledge and skills in developing, implementing and maintaining nutrition programs.
J. Implements quality practice by following system policies, standards of care, procedures, practice guidelines, MNT protocols.
K. Provides care according to organizational ethics, licensure and the Standards of Professional Practice for Dietetics Professionals.
L. Applies Joint Commission and/or other regulatory standards in the provision of nutrition services.
M. Serves as a preceptor and trainer for dietetic interns/students and residents.
N. Quality in Practice-evaluates the quality and effectiveness of practice and revises practice as needed to incorporate the results of evaluation.
ADDITIONAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performance Improvement
Actively supports and participates in performance improvement activities.
- Information Management
Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and security.
- Risk Management
Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
- Environment of Care
Knowledgeable of, observes and complies with hospital safety policies, emergency procedures, and standard precautions.
- Mandatory Education and In-Service Requirements
Requirements are completed within 30 days of the due date.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Portsmouth Regional Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1882. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 275+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. We serve the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast. We are one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. As part of HCA Healthcare, Portsmouth achieves high honors for quality patient care. We hold several prestigious accreditations. These include accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from the Society of Chest Pain Centers, The Joint Commission's recognition as one of the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures™ and accreditation as a Primary Stroke Center.
At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Dietitian opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website