Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) EAP Counselor you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Portsmouth Regional Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Portsmouth Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) EAP Counselor where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Employee Assistance Program Counselor will facilitate the organization's on-site employee assistance program (EAP), providing culturally competent counseling informed by a diversity, equity and inclusion lens, referrals to professionals to assist employees with personal and professional needs. The EAP Counselor will also actively integrate with Graduate Medical Education's wellness curriculum
· Depending on the nature and scope of an employee's need, provides culturally competent, trauma-informed counseling services or provides referrals to an appropriate third-party professional.
· Communicates with human resources and, to the extent appropriate and necessary, with immediate supervisors to proactively identify employees who may need assistance.
· Conducts confidential, anonymous surveys to ensure employee needs are being addressed.
· Meets with residents for wellness check-ins.
· Facilitates GME process groups for each residency class on a regular basis
· Presents Wellness Didactics to GME programs, with an integrated focus on culturally competent, trauma informed practices and an emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion.
· Recommends modifications and/or additions to the EAP as needed to meet employee care goals.
· Coordinates with health insurance providers to determine and communicate availability of preventive health services.
· Develops and maintains a directory of personal and professional service providers throughout the area.
· Serves as primary contact for offsite treatment and counseling services.
· Fields and answers employee inquiries regarding the EAP.
· Coordinates with the GME director to develop the EAP budget.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Other duties as assigned
What qualifications you will need:
· Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work or related field required with preferred focus on trauma informed practice; LMCH, LICSW preferred
No Travel Travel Required
3 years experience Required Years of Experience
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Portsmouth Regional Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1882. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 275+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. We serve the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast. We are one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. As part of HCA Healthcare, Portsmouth achieves high honors for quality patient care. We hold several prestigious accreditations. These include accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from the Society of Chest Pain Centers, The Joint Commission's recognition as one of the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures™ and accreditation as a Primary Stroke Center.
At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our EAP Counselor opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website