DescriptionED Emergency Room - Clinical Nurse Educator. Portsmouth, NH
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Portsmouth Regional Hospital we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Emergency Room RN Market Educator and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
Portsmouth Regional Hospital offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Emergency Room RN Market Educator opening and continue to learn!
The Clinical Professional Development Educator enhances professional practice and the provision of quality patient care by providing evidence-based quality educational programs and activities that promote professional competency for nursing, inter-professional, and non-licensed clinical staff at the assigned facility. This position is a generalist type role.
In this role you will:
Participates in the development, coordination, managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating of onboarding and orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare personnel.
Provides orientation/onboarding programs to promote employee retention.
Collaborates with the Director of Clinical Professional Development to adjust the program based on evaluation results.
Participates in the development, coordination, and management of facilitating, conducting, and evaluating competency.
Designs and identifies educational activities to address practice gaps for identified target audiences, including licensed and non-licensed healthcare personnel, in alignment with HCA and division clinical education request and development processes.
Develops activities to achieve specific outcomes related to identified deficits or opportunities for improvement in knowledge, skill and practice. Plans educational content delivery that encourages learner engagement.
Promotes and integrates the EBP in order to continuously improve practice. Conducts, encourages, facilitates, and/or participates in research, EBP, and QI in patient care settings.
Identifies and develops strategies to facilitate a continuous process of maturation through lifelong learning.
Utilizes novice-to-expert continuum when developing staff. Identifies and provides opportunities for skill enhancement and mastery.
What experience and education is needed for this role:
Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Admin orotherclinical fieldrequired
Master's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Admin orotherclinical field preferred
Minimum of 5 years' experience in an acute care settingrequired
Minimum of 3 years' experience in clinical education
Currently licensed as an RN in the state of practice or has an active compact state license in accordance with law and regulation
Basic Life Saving (BLS)
HealthTrust Supply Chainis a critical part of HCA Healthcare's strategy. Our focus is to improve performance and reduce costs. We do this by joining non-clinical and administrative functions. HealthTrust Supply Chain best practice methodologies. We develop, apply and monitor cost-efficient initiatives and programs for HCA Healthcare. By improving facility efficiency, medical professionals can focus on our mission - patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN Facility Educator opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website