Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Frisbie Memorial Hospital is a 112-bed acute care facility unique in today's healthcare environment. We are all about our people, technology and patient trust. We use the latest technology to help our dedicated staff find solutions to benefit our patients. This technology promotes faster healing, better health, higher quality of life and in-turn, career satisfaction.
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Frisbie Memorial Hospital we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious EVS Housekeeping Assistant to join our team at Frisbie Ambulance (83 beds). Help us reach our goals and unlock your potential here!
Under direct supervision, performs daily cleaning tasks for patient rooms, nursing stations, lounges, offices, clinic areas and any other areas assigned in accordance with standard procedures of the Housekeeping Department and in accordance with facility standards and objectives
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform all Housekeeping related tasks demonstrating service orientation to patients, visitors, fellow employees, doctors , nurses and other hospital staff.
- Perform basic cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods.
- Dusts horizontal surfaces
- Empties, wipes and relines wastebaskets
- Damp wipe disinfects all furniture
- Cleans and polishes metal and porcelain fixtures in bathrooms
- Dust mops and damp mops floors
- Spot clean walls and windows
- Polishes metal surfaces
- Replenishes paper and soap supplies
- Strips bed linens to perform discharge cleaning
- Performs discharge cleaning as needed
- Uses a safety ladder to remove and replace cubicle curtainsPerforms precaution room cleaning as needed
- Vacuums carpets, spot cleans as needed
- Transports soiled linen to collection point
- Measure and mix bleach and other cleaning solutions
- Assist in cleaning up of spills as needed
- Maintain assigned equipment for cleanliness and recommend repairs as needed
- Observe and report the need for repairs to furniture, building and fixtures
- In case of fire or other internal disaster, assists in evacuating patients
- In case of a community disaster, assists nursing as needed
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
- 1 year of EVS experience is preferred
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our Practice Managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website