Portsmouth Regional is a 220-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area's largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Recently, we were named One of America's Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements through a National Study by Health grades. Most recently, we received the Leapfrog ‘A' Hospital Safety Grade.
POSITION SUMMARY: The LPN provides direct, selected patient care under the direction of the Registered Nurse in accordance with the NH Nurse Practice Act, recognized nursing techniques, clinical and administrative policies.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs reassessments within their Scope of Practice.
- Collects and reports data.
- Provide patient and family education and discharge planning.
- Recognize and respond to changes in a patient's condition.
- Provide safe medication administration for the Medical/Surgical, Oncologic (chemotherapy requires certification for Registered Nurses), chronically ill and terminally ill patient.
- Ensure patient satisfaction.
- Provide reassessment and care of Medical/Surgical, Oncologic, chronically ill, terminally ill & palliative care patients
Additional information about our Medical Unit:
- 38 Private Bed Unit
- On average, 200 patients/week
Majority of patients seen: Medical, Sepsis, Flu, COPD, Alcohol/Drug Detox, Oncology
Nurse to Patient ratio based on acuity
Fast-paced environment focused on teamwork, to ensure patient satisfaction
Access to chemo and other certifications.
Grow as an RN and advance your career through skills learned on this unit
Flexibility in scheduling
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious LPN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
High school or GED
NH Licensed Practical Nurse or Compact State
Apply on company website