DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Are you looking for a work environment as a Medical Lab Technician where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Portsmouth Regional Hospital's Dover ER today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive benefits to our benefits eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision and other unique benefits to include:
- Student Loan Repayment
Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Medical Lab Technician like you to be a part of our team.
Our Medical Lab Technicians (MLT) perform assigned laboratory tests in specialty departments to include Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Blood Bank, Serology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, and Microbiology. By conducting laboratory tests and procedures, you will help to provide data for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
- Day-to-day duties include complex analysis of microscopic, immunologic, biologic, bacteriologic, hematologic, and chemical tests and their results.
- You will also be responsible for specimen receiving and putting away supplies when received in the department.
- You will troubleshoot/resolve instrument problems and document corrective action in appropriate log and when necessary, perform instrumentation repairs.
- Assure that quality control is properly performed and logged and follow proper department procedure for corrective action.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to train new employees and/or students.
You will actively participate in phlebotomy and the accession responsibilities.
Located at 10 Central Ave. in Dover, our Portsmouth Regional Hospital's Dover ER was designed with the surrounding community's needs in mind. Our ER is staffed with board-certified emergency medicine physicians and nurses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Our facility offers:
- Full-service emergency care, including pediatric care
- Separate pediatric and adult waiting areas to help alleviate younger patient's anxiety
- Diagnostic imaging, including ultrasound, X-ray and computed tomography (CT)
- Onsite, full-service laboratory testing
- Highly coordinated care between EMS crews and the Dover ER team for heart patients
- Seamless transfer to Portsmouth Regional Hospital for patients needing inpatient services
- 11 ER beds, including a fully equipped trauma beds
Associate's Degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Sciences or related field. Nursing Degree will be considered with the required CLIA acceptable courses.
MLT registry or eligible. Successful completion of MLT registry within 6 months of eligibility or hire.
- ASCP or equivalent is preferred.
- Part Time / 20 hours per week
- Mixed Shifts to include weekend and holiday requirements
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Medical Lab Technician opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website