DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a 220-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area's largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Most recently, we were named One of America's Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements through a National Study by Healthgrades. Most recently, we received the Leapfrog ‘A' Hospital Safety Grade. Why work at Portsmouth Regional Hospital? Nurse Manager Emergency Room (ER)
POSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision of the Director of Emergency Department the Manager oversees the daily operations of the unit. The manager works collaboratively with the Director in guiding their department's growth, patient satisfaction, physician's relations and fiscal responsibility. The manager supervises and directs the delivery of patient care and care related services for the Emergency Department in accordance to administrative policies, as well as hospital vision, mission and strategies. The manager works collaboratively with staff, physicians, and other disciplines within the hospital to create a system of safe, quality health care.
- 25-bed, progressive, full-service ER with two large trauma bays, a 4-bed fast track, and a 5-bed psychiatric pod.
- Annual volume is approximately 28,000 patients, with a seasonal increase in volume during the summer months.
- Types of patients: High level of acuity, trauma, cardiac, stroke, psychiatric, detox, severe sepsis
- RNs in the ER will benefit from a culture of nursing autonomy as well as nursing protocols to initiate treatment on patients quickly
- Teamwork heavily focused to promote better patient experience and high quality of care and better patient experience & high quality of care
- A supportive and passionate culture motivated on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders in the ER have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
- A healthy work environment with a low turnover rate (less than 5%)
- 3 years of RN emergency room and trauma experience
- 2 year/Associate's Degree
- 4 year/Bachelor's Degree preferred
Licensure and Certifications:
- Registered Nurse (RN) License in NH or valid Compact State License
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS (required)
- CPI—(within 1 month of hire)
- PALS— (required)
- NRP—(within 1 year of hire)
- HCA will pay for certification renewals once employed
- CLICK HERE to learn more about HCA's Comprehensive Benefits Package.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website