Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) OR Assist PRN with Portsmouth Regional Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
Portsmouth Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Portsmouth Regional Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic OR Assist PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
Assists nurses, surgeons and anesthesia personnel in the indirect and direct care of patients. Includes the preparation of the O.R. rooms, patient transport, placement of equipment and property utilized in Surgical Services i.e. the *OR, PACU, SDC, and CSR. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing rooms with proper equipment for start of day and upcoming cases
- Room turnover between cases
- Anticipating which cases will be finishing and coordinating with nurses to bring bed into room
- Patient transport
- Other various duties as assigned
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides for the privacy/confidentiality of patients/family.
- Appropriately transports patients i.e. within safety and infection control guidelines. Notifies nurse at OR desk when patient arrives in OR suite.
- Demonstrates consistent initiative in anticipating needs of the surgical team – i.e. bringing appropriate equipment to and from the O.R. room in a timely manner. Bringing the bed to the room after case conclusion. Labeling the bed outside the room.
- Communicates effectively with staff.
- Under direct supervision assists clerical and nursing staff as needed.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of principles of aseptic technique.
- Assists in maintaining adequate inventory of clinical/nonclinical supplies. Assures that correct equipment is in rooms.
- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately, efficiently and thoroughly perform room turnover.
- Orders supplies and restocks work area as assigned, assuring the availability of needed supplies.
- Returns equipment to storeroom, placing it in correct area.
- Demonstrates self-direction above and beyond daily assignments and actively offers assistance to colleagues.
- Uses at least two patient identifiers (excluding the patient/s room number) when calling/transporting patient before and after surgery.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- High School Graduate / GED
Portsmouth Regional Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1882. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 275+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. We serve the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast. We are one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. As part of HCA Healthcare, Portsmouth achieves high honors for quality patient care. We hold several prestigious accreditations. These include accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from the Society of Chest Pain Centers, The Joint Commission's recognition as one of the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures™ and accreditation as a Primary Stroke Center.
At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our OR Assist PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website