SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Portsmouth Regional is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area's largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Recently, we were named One of America's Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements through a National Study by Healthgrades. Most recently, we received the Leapfrog ‘A' Hospital Safety Grade.
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, dental and identity theft protection.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Recreational Therapist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
- Orients patients to the nature and purpose of Recreation Therapy
- Provides flexibility in programs in order to provide adequate services, as individual needs change
- Provides detailed and accurate documentation on patient treatment and progress
- Completes Recreation assessment within established timeframe
- Actively participates in departmental PI as assigned by Quality Coordinator
- Demonstrates attention to thorough detail and accuracy of daily work
- Completes high quality work in accordance with outlined standards and procedures within defined timeframes
- Demonstrates effective utilization, planning and organization of hospital/job resources
- Sets priorities and demonstrates effective organizational skills by optimizing use of time, meeting deadlines and completing assigned tasks in a cost effective manner
- Functions as a liaison with psychiatrists, nursing staff, social workers and behavioral health organizations
- Maintains appropriate clinical reports with multidisciplinary team members as well as the Business Office
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence with the electronic medical record program
- Participates in treatment teams with medical directors, staff psychiatrists and other clinicians as appropriate
- Actively involved in treatment goals, discharge planning and anticipated length of stay
- Assists nursing staff with admissions, discharges, and covers the unit when needed
- Provides back-up to other team members as appropriate and/or assigned
- Identifies patient/family education needs necessary for transition home or other continuum of care
- Demonstrates the ability to problem-solve
- Discusses issues related to staff, group, clients, and other customers with the department Director
- Recommends a defensible solution appropriate for given constraints and resources
- Implements solutions with follow-through and communication to maximize success
- Assures that documentation, certifications and demographic data for all assigned cases are accurate
- Performs reviews according to time frames indicated by behavioral health organization
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on psychosocial, educational, safety and related criteria appropriate to the age of the client served in his program
- Demonstrates competency in interpretation of client's self-reported behavior related to his/her age
- Understands the cognitive, physiological, psychological and growth and maturational development of the client as it relates to his/her age
- Demonstrates ability to access age-specific client and family in the process as appropriate to age
- Consistently protects patient confidentiality as outlined in PRH Policy, state and federal statues
- Willingly performs other related duties as assigned or requested in a flexible and positive manner
- Adheres to the standard of behavior for Portsmouth Regional Hospital as per policy
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related field
- CTRS certification is required (or obtained within 6 month of hire date)
- NH Recreation Therapist License is required (or obtained within 6 months of hire date)
- Crisis Prevention Certification (CPI) must be maintained throughout employment with Portsmouth Regional Hospital
- Certification in BLS must be maintained throughout employment with Portsmouth Regional Hospital
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website