Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) CVOR Cath Lab Surgical Tech today with Portsmouth Regional Hospital.Benefits
Portsmouth Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) CVOR Cath Lab Surgical Tech. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
Provides technical assistance to physician/registered nurse in surgical procedures related to the operation of the Surgical and Minor Surgical Suite.
Position Responsibilities: Works collaboratively with Registered Nurse to prepare patients for surgical procedures to include all specialties, as appropriate, such as Cardiothoracic, Neurology, OB-GYN, ENT, Oral, Plastics, Orthopedics, General-Vascular, Ophthalmology and GU as well as the minor surgical suite. The Surgical Technologist scrubs for the surgical procedures and performs a variety of other duties related to the preparation and maintenance of the operating room environment. Maintains inventory of necessary equipment and supplies, orders supplies and restocks work area as assigned, assuring the availability of needed supplies.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of surgical techniques, both routine and specialized, and performs in a professional manner.
- Applies this knowledge appropriately to develop and improve skills in assisting the surgeon and in the organization of work utilizing economy in time, motion and materials.
- Demonstrates competency with aseptic technique during surgery.
- Demonstrates ability to use all equipment and supplies necessary for surgical procedures.
- Develops and demonstrates initiative in order to inquire and explore new surgical procedures and subject relating to the operating room and to the surgical patient.
- Differentiates sterilization methods for special equipment and instruments necessary for specific surgical procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to retract, suction, irrigate, apply pressure and assist in homeostasis by use of assorted sponges in the surgical field under the direction of the surgeon.
- Performs co-circulating role with appropriate credentialing.
- Demonstrates self-direction above and beyond daily assignments and actively offers assistance to colleagues both within the main OR's, cardiac OR's and cardiac cath lab.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum one year experience requirement.
- Certification for Surgical Tech or within 6 months of graduation from accredited program
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Vocational School Graduate
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Portsmouth Regional Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1882. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 275+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. We serve the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast. We are one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. As part of HCA Healthcare, Portsmouth achieves high honors for quality patient care. We hold several prestigious accreditations. These include accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from the Society of Chest Pain Centers, The Joint Commission's recognition as one of the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures™ and accreditation as a Primary Stroke Center.
At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our CVOR Cath Lab Surgical Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website