Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Unit Coord PRN with Portsmouth Regional Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
Portsmouth Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Portsmouth Regional Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Unit Coord PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Unit Secretary contributes to high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of clerical tasks. The Unit Secretary functions as receptionist for the unit and assists the patient care team while maintaining a clean, organized, and safe environment.
What you will do in this role:
- Greet patients and visitors in waiting areas, directing them to other departments, and keeping them informed of wait times.
- Promotes a positive, customer-oriented demeanor.
- Perform patient-centered secretarial tasks, such as physician order entry and creating, labeling, and organizing patient charts. Disassemble and file charts after discharge.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Receives and directs all incoming calls and relays messages.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a 234-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH. We serve the Seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts. The hospital is one of the area's largest employers. We are the only ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center on New Hampshire's Seacoast. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the Seacoast's only comprehensive heart and vascular program. Also, the only Comprehensive Stroke Center on the Seacoast. We provide 7 comprehensive neurosurgical and stroke clot retrieval and aneurysm coiling programs for both ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes. Portsmouth Regional Hospital, is a member of HCA Healthcare's Capital Division, one of the nation's leading providers of health care services.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Unit Coord PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website