Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Unit Coordinator PRN today with Portsmouth Regional Hospital.Benefits
Portsmouth Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Unit Coordinator PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Unit Coordinator, as part of the clinical team, under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse, is responsible for basic supportive care to patients with the guidelines outlined in this position description. The UC will assist in the smooth, efficient functioning of the nursing unit including transcription of medical orders, scheduling of procedures/testing, obtaining/maintaining supplies and equipment and general clerical duties as follows:
- Assists leadership staff with collection and organization of data for department audits i.e., department logs for admissions, review of patients not departed, outlier report, etc.
- Orders department supplies and issues out of service tickets for equipment.
- Performs general clerical duties including use of computer systems, paging, faxing, obtaining signed medical releases and records.
- Communicates patient/family requests to nursing personnel in a timely manner i.e. answers call bells, ensure “No Pass Zone” is recognized, participates in patient safety rounds, etc.
- Coordinates patient admission with Bed Manager and conveys information to nurse.
- Assembles/maintains medical record for all inpatient or outpatient visits.
- Ensures patient chart is complete and ready when patient is transferred or admitted.
- Assists with pre-registering and rooming patients under the direction of the nursing staff.
- Assists with patient call backs.
- Assists in the stocking of patient rooms.
- Assists in organizing equipment and supplies.
EXPERIENCE: (Minimum relevant work experience for successful job performance)
1 year of clerical experience in a hospital setting is preferred
High school or GED required
BLS - CPR Certification required
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
Portsmouth Regional Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1882. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 275+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. We serve the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast. We are one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. As part of HCA Healthcare, Portsmouth achieves high honors for quality patient care. We hold several prestigious accreditations. These include accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from the Society of Chest Pain Centers, The Joint Commission's recognition as one of the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures™ and accreditation as a Primary Stroke Center.
At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Unit Coordinator PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website