Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryAssesses, transports and administers basic and EMT-Advanced level treatment to ill and injured persons in accordance with department, system and South Carolina DHEC policies, procedures and standards.
- Verify operational readiness of vehicles and equipment
- Maintain cleanliness of MCAS vehicles
- Respond promptly to calls received from the Communications Center
- Operate MCAS vehicles in a safe, courteous and efficient manner
- Assess, monitor, transport and provide necessary medical treatment
- Prepare written documentation in a complete, timely and accurate manner
- Function at a high level of efficiency
- Demonstrate skill proficiency on an annual basis
- Maintains professional certifications and attends in-service training programs
- Attends staff meetings, complies with employee health requirements and completes mandatory employee training programs
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive.
Education - High School diploma or equivalent, completion of approved EMTA training program
Experience - No previous experience
SC EMTA - SC Emergency Medical Technician - Advanced (LAWSON CODE EMT4 & EMT3)
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPR/BLS)
SCDL - SC Drivers License (LAWSON CODE LSCD)
In Lieu Of The Minimum Requirements Listed Above
In lieu of a SC Drivers License, a valid drivers license, from a state other than South Carolina, may be accepted if primary residence is not SC.
Other Required Skills and Experience
- Pre-hospital care experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of office equipment
- Patient Care equipment
Work ShiftVariable (United States of America)
LocationMobile Care Ambulance Services
Facility1024 Prisma Health EMS
Department10247256 Ambulance Services
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website