ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org
Schedule: Rotating AM/PM shifts as needed. Shifts are typically 8 hours. Every other weekend and holiday rotation required. Shifts will typically be at the Waukesha Memorial Hospital, but may also be at additional ProHealth Care campuses.
Full Time Benefits
If you are customer service focused and proficient in math, we have the perfect career for you! A pharmacy technician assists the pharmacist in the preparation and dispensing of medications, including IV medications, for our patients. Join our fast paced, highly skilled team of approximately 30 certified pharmacy technicians and 40 pharmacists across 3 campuses with growth and expansion in the coming year. CPhT certification is preferred, however we will train you while you prepare for the exam to become certified. We have recently expanded our automation and technology to include a cartless distribution model with Omnicell Single Pointe, inventory control with Omnicell Central Pharmacy Manager and Omnicell carousels, and quality control and barcode IV preparation with Pharmacy Keeper. You will be able to work independently as well as with a team, with some roles having direct care team responsibilities on decentralized floors. Our newly released Pharmacy Technician Career Ladder provides growth and opportunities within our department.
• Performs functions which help keep the department clean and orderly. Performs delivery to and from nursing units and carries out any procedures associated with the medication use process.
• Assists the pharmacists in responding to the requests and needs of patients, hospital and staff.
• Fills and delivers the patient medication drawers accurately and according to department policy.
• Pulls and delivers medications to be stocked in automated dispensing cabinets.
• Prepares IV medication admixtures in compliance with USP 797 guidelines and department policies and procedures.
• Stocks various areas with medications, IV bags and tubing.
• Participates in medication reconciliation and patient education activities under the supervision of licensed pharmacists and in compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations.
• Keeps the management informed of operational activities, needs and problems.
• Demonstrates understanding of TJC Standards, Federal and State Standards.
- High School Diploma / GED is required.
- CPhT certification required (or be able to acquire within 6 months)
- Valid WI Drivers Licensure is required.
- Excellent communication skills are required
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website