ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org
Schedule: Scheduled as needed within all shifts, and includes a weekend and holiday rotation. Minimum of 2 shifts per pay period and 1 weekend shift per calendar month. Ability to pick up as many shifts that are available.
Pool/As Needed - no Benefits
External Job Description:
The Patient Access Registration Representative is responsible for patient care delivery in the areas of patient registration, scheduling, insurance verification and payment processing for campuses with hospital and medical group departments. This role also provides a high level of customer service to our internal and external customers by maintaining positive relationships with patients, their family members and campus visitors. This collaborative culture will help enhance your healthcare knowledge, and grow in the areas of Registration, Reception and working a switchboard.
- Demonstrates a professional and welcoming environment for all patients and customers that are serviced on the phone or in person during the registration process.
- Shows competence in both customer service and technical skills to appropriately perform departmental and organizational standards and expectations.
- Handles confidential information appropriately by protecting, disposing and disclosing information according to the HIPAA Regulations.
- Desires growth and eager to learn new roles to help cover areas in one location, and periodically will have the ability to help in other locations when able and fully trained.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 2 years related registration and customer service experience.
- Ability to use a computer and navigate computer programs, including the internet.
- Ability to type proficiently on the computer.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced environments.
- Desire to grow and exceed expectations is highly desired.
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website