- Works with an assigned group of drivers on a daily basis to ensure maximum utility of their hours and that each driver's earnings are maximized while maintaining the desired standard of living for each individual driver
- Work with the Maintenance facility on a daily basis to ensure all drivers and tractors are in a high level of repair and in full compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all QC compliance standards
- Maintain a driver calendar to be used but the planner of all drivers requested time off and other compliance-related time the driver is not available to work.
- Ensure drivers hours of service are properly updated in the Peoplenet system and make any needed authorized updates
- Counsel drivers on safety, compliance, and service issues as needed to include written documentation of any and all such counseling.
- Ensure all monthly Infiniti training is completed and work with drivers and safety to assign other need refreshers as driver performance dictates
- Work with all IC's to help them make good business decisions in accepting freight and ensuring they are prepared for all repair costs that will ultimately occur
- Work with the DA daily to ensure all priorities are being met
- Work with Terminal Manager to develop needed disciplinary actions consistent with the QC Disciplinary Action SOPs and maximize the personal growth of all drivers and ICs.
- Good communication skills and ability to deal with people;
- High School Diploma or equivalent; 2-year business degree preferred;
- 2-3 years of bulk transportation industry experience;
- Knowledge of DOT requirements;
- Experience with safety procedures;
- Working knowledge of Word & Excel
We offer competitive wages and employee benefits (Flexible spending accounts, generous Paid Time Off/Holiday Schedule, Medical, Dental, and Vision plans).
Quality Distribution Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please note that per Quality policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Quality will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Quality Carriers is the largest bulk transportation company in the North American continent, combining the largest fleet of stainless steel tanks with the industry's broadest and most complete terminal network and over 3,300 tractors on the road. Quality is not only our name, it is our method of operation.
Our Operations team in N. Charleston, SC is looking for an experienced Driver Manager to join our team. The Driver Manager is a critical member of Quality Carrier's team. This position is responsible for the relationship with an assigned group of drivers to ensure the driver experience is a positive one and making any driver terminal recommendations to the Terminal Manager. Also, the Driver Manager is directly responsible for determining the level of driver and tractor capacity available for dispatch on a daily basis, impacting revenue generation and asset utility.
Apply on company website