Quality Carriers, Inc. is the nation's #1 tank trucking company. We transport a broad range of chemical products and provide our customers with value added services. We're a core carrier for many of the Fortune 500 companies engaged in chemical processing and we provide services to each of the top 100 chemical producers in the world with US operations.
We employ over 2,000 people nationwide and have over 200 people in our Tampa based corporate office. $5000 sign on bonus for qualified applicants.
QC is looking for an experienced HM Certified Mechanics for our Tanker Fleet and Class 8 heavy-duty trucks and trailers located in Corpus Christi Tx
Qualified candidates must be energetic, professional, and safety-minded at all times. Also, be able to work independently and have knowledge and experience with hydraulic and air brakes, air conditioning, gas, and diesel engines, drive trains and electrical systems.
- Conducting Federal FHWA Preventive maintenance inspections of trailer and tractor units, extensive repairs in all phases of tractor & trailer maintenance including body, frame, suspension, electrical, valve and air systems.
- Perform HazMat Inspections on tank trailers.
- Conduct preventive maintenance service and general vehicle repairs.
- Repairs may include welding.
- Operate a yard hostler truck to move trailers within the facility yard and the shop as needed.
- High School diploma required
- Must be fully HazMat trained on trailer inspections
- ASE certification not required but recommended
- Computer experience is a must
- Employee is required to provide their own hand tools
We offer competitive wages and employee benefits (Flexible spending accounts, generous Paid Time Off/Holiday Schedule, in addition to Medical, Dental, and Vision plans).
Quality Distribution Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Apply on company website