DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? Do you want to take your career to the next level with a team that shares your passion for patient care? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Director of Food and Nutrition Services.
We are seeking a Director of Food and Nutrition Services for our facility to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401(k), PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.HealthTrust is the supply chain solution for HCA Healthcare, a Fortune 100 company with more than 250,000 employees and one of the nation's leading healthcare providers. HCA operates over 184 hospitals and 2,000 sites of care located in 21 states and the United Kingdom. We are driven by a single goal, the care and improvement of human life.
Redmond Regional Medical Center is a 230 bed facility, serving as a regional referral source for all of northwest Georgia and parts of Alabama. Redmond offers a full array of inpatient and outpatient programs, many of which are unique to the northwest Georgia region. As an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, Redmond provides a full service cardiology product line and is nationally recognized as a top cardiac care center. In addition to the Gold Seal of Approval®, Redmond has also earned eight disease specific certifications from The Joint Commission for outstanding care in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopedic surgery, spinal surgery, and vascular surgery. Other areas of excellence include emergency care, oncology, and inpatient rehabilitation.As the Director of Food & Nutrition Services, you will have responsibility for the Food & Nutrition services within the hospital, ensuring the delivery of consistent customer service excellence and patient satisfaction. You will provide leadership and 24-hour accountability for the Food and Nutrition Service function, services and programs. You will also maintain and monitor utilization of resources, physical space, equipment, department protocols, equipment, standards, policies, and practices.
What you will do in this role:
- Ensures competency and development of staff through education and training. Ensuring new staff is oriented to specific job duties with particular focus on safety and infection control.
- Fosters effective collaboration between departments and other services to ensure an integrated approach in providing services to meet the needs of the patients served.
- Develops, implements and monitors performance improvement plans to ensure compliance and address performance improvement opportunities. Takes ownership and demonstrates service excellence principles in all interactions with the patient, physician and others. Supports and recognizes physicians as an important customer.
- Ensures patient's safety, dignity and privacy at all times.
- Actively supports facility community efforts, and represents the hospital in the community through participation in community organizations, agencies, speaker bureaus etc. Promotes a professional image and acts as an ambassador inside and outside the organization.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in managing productivity standards. Continuously evaluates and assesses work process/design to enhance productivity and service delivery to meet stakeholder expectations and business goals.
- Schedules and assigns staff effectively; continuously evaluates staff assignments to ensure quality care and service delivery to meet stakeholder needs.
Associate's Degree in related field with applicable experience is required.
Bachelor's degree in Foodservice Management, Nutrition, Finance, Business Management, Healthcare Administration or similar preferred. Master's degree is preferable.
Experience in hospital food service required, with 3-5 years management experience.
Knowledge and understanding of food service activities and duties, terminology and nomenclature required.
Certifications / Licensures:
- ServSafe Certification or equivalent required.
- Registration Dietician with state licensure preferred.
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) in lieu of degree, with additional experience preferred.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website