OBJECTIVE: To support the lending function by evaluating the creditworthiness of commercial lending requests across all lending platforms including in depth analysis of entities ranging from sole proprietorships to large publicly traded companies. Provide recommendations to strengthen the credit worthiness as appropriate.
The following is a list of essential functions, which may be subject to change at any time and without advance notice. Management may assign new duties, reassign existing duties, or eliminate a function.
- Deliver Fanatic Customer Service: Always Exceed Customer Expectations
- Be the POWER of Red! Promises are always kept. One to say yes, two to say no. Bump it Up! Welcome everyone, make them feel special. Exceed Customers' expectations, every time. Recover the Republic way, make every wrong right.
- The Sr. Credit Analyst position is responsible for preparing credit memoranda for complex lending relationships in the Commercial and Industrial sector as well as significant real estate investments including REITs and national credits.
- Strong ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, solve problems independently and make recommendations/reports and presentations.
- Minimum five years of related and increasingly responsible credit underwriting demonstrating a strong understanding of financial statements, particularly C&I with a strong commercial credit background.
- Sr. Credit Analyst is expected to leverage the Lender's and Department Head/Group Manager's time by analyzing and underwriting credit requests with little supervision.
- The Sr. Credit Analyst may be tasked to work closely with a small group of analysts within his/her lending team to review work and establish priorities.
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures, financial statements and credit reports with strong analytical skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to assume responsibilities for projects and tasks assigned by the department manager, SCO and CCO, i.e Watchlist, stress testing, asset based lending, etc.
- Coordinate and manage outside support and projects with Bank vendors, i.e. Experian, LexisNexis, Credit Quest.
- Mentor junior credit analysts and assist in departmental training.
- Participate in process improvements and automation/enhancements to current activities/tasks.
- Follow RMA Code of Ethics in all exchanges of credit information with outsiders.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field through reading and seminars.
Education and Experience: Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field; At least 5 years of credit analyst experience in a commercial lending environment.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to manage and prioritize numerous projects simultaneously in a time sensitive environment.
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills: written, oral and interpersonal
- Competent problem solving skills
- Ability to perform job functions accurately and with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidential customer and Bank information in a responsible and secure manner.
Traditional office environment with no unusual work conditions
Republic Bank promotes an equal opportunity workplace, which includes reasonable accommodations of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please contact Human Resources with questions regarding the physical demands of this position.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs.
- Manual dexterity for computer work
- Speaking, hearing and vision are required to perform essential functions
- Sitting for long lengths of time in excess of 2 hours
- Kneeling, bending , crouching are required for the essential functions such as filing, accessing files
Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/V/D
Apply on company website