Four year college degree, preferred; or 6+ years related Labor Relations experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. SHRM Certification and/or a related certification in Labor Relations preferred. Have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software and HR Software. 20% travel required for the position due to multi-geographic assignment of the workforce. Field presence with the union workforce is estimated at 90%.
• Lead the Company-related human capital practices and processes with the union workforce related to recruitment, selection, onboarding, training, performance management, disciplinary procedures, and compensation and benefits. Drive continuous improvement and enhance employee engagement.
• Counsel and advise Company management on employment matters related to the administration of union contracts (collective bargaining agreements) such as employee discipline or grievance procedures; workplace safety; and morale.
• Communicate with union, Company, government, or other interested parties to discuss labor relations matters, such as contract negotiations or grievances.
• Draft and propose union contract proposals or counterproposals for collective bargaining or other labor negotiations. Work closely with senior leaders and Legal Counsel on union contract negotiations.
• Draft and propose rules or regulations to govern collective bargaining activities in collaboration with Company, government, or employee representatives.
• Identify alternatives to proposals of unions, employees, or government agencies.
• Interpret contractual agreements for the Company and employees engaged in collective bargaining or other labor relations processes.
• Investigate and evaluate union complaints or arguments to determine viability. Mediate discussions between the Company and employee representatives in attempt to reconcile differences. Propose recommended solutions. Execute resolutions successfully.
• Monitor company or workforce adherence to labor agreements.
• Negotiate collective bargaining agreements successfully and at a minimal cost to the Company.
• Identify trends, risks and opportunities within the organization and develop solutions in partnership with the HR Leader, Sales Leader and Operations Director.
• Provide business insight through data analysis, research and benchmarking.
Apply on company website