Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Certified Respiratory Technician PRN with Research Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
Research Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Research Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Certified Respiratory Technician PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
Respiratory Therapy is best described as the assessment and treatment of patients with both acute and chronic dysfunction of the cardiopulmonary system. Today's Respiratory Therapists have demanding responsibilities related to patient care and serve as vital members of the healthcare team. You must have a broad knowledge of the pathophysiology of the cardiopulmonary system and the complex procedures required to properly diagnose and treat patients, from the very young to the very old.
About this unit:
- Teamwork is the core of how we operate
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused.
What you will do in this role:
- Under the general supervision of the RT Supervisor or Team Leader, you will perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures ordered by a physician
- Your duties will include medical gas administration, aerosol therapy, obtaining and analyzing blood specimens, performing patient testing, operating and maintaining various types of respiratory and cardiopulmonary equipment, providing mechanical ventilation, maintaining artificial airways, assisting with cardiopulmonary resuscitation, providing patient education, monitoring equipment and patient response to therapy
- Your additional responsibilities will include completing documentation of in-patient and departmental records, cleaning equipment, and maintaining safety and infection control practices.
What qualifications you will need:
- Associates or Bachelors in Respiratory Therapy from an accredited program
- Must hold a current Respiratory Therapist license from the State Board for Respiratory Care
- NBRC CRT
- One year of recent clinical experience preferred
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 60 months of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Research Medical Center is a 585+ bed hospital. Our hospital offers an array of medical and health clinic services. This includes women's services offering obstetrics and fertility, an emergency room, and a trauma center. We offer a Stroke Center, a walk-in clinic, and orthopedics across three Kansas City locations. Our specialty care areas include a Chest Pain Center, Level I Trauma Center, Breast Care Center, Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Programs, and Primary Stroke Center. We are one of 10 HCA Midwest Health hospitals in Kansas City and surrounding areas
Research Psychiatric Center is a 95+ bed facility. We offer acute inpatient, day treatment, and community-based outpatient behavioral healthcare. We treat adolescents, adults, and senior adults for emotional disorders, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our professional staff includes psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and licensed professional counselors. We are committed to delivering our patients skilled compassionate care regardless of age or circumstance.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Certified Respiratory Technician PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website