Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Interventional Technologist PRN with Research Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
Research Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Research Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Interventional Technologist PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
Under limited supervision, the Interventional Technologist completes interventional procedures including routine arterial and venous interventional procedures, contrast studies as well as complicated interventional procedures including stenting and cerebral coilings.
About This Unit:
- Our team is committed to patient safety, employee satisfaction, and above all else the care and improvement of human life.
- By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to provide excellent care in a rapidly growing acute care facility amidst an ever-changing healthcare environment.
What You Will Do in This Role:
- Interventional Technologists participate in Performance Improvement and Quality Improvement activities
- Work within the guidelines established in the policies and procedure manual and complies with all safety and infection control guidelines
- Work in accordance with JCAHO, State or other regulatory or accreditation agencies in the performance of their duties
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduate from an accredited program in Radiologic Technology
- Two-year program or four-year BA program in Radiology Technology followed by training in interventional procedures either on the job or from in an accredited program setting
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Registered Radiographer (ARRT) must be obtained within 1 year of employment start date
- Minimum of one-year hospital department experience in arterial and venous interventional radiology preferred
- Ability to accurately complete interventional requisitions for the examinations performed
- Experience with Radiology information systems to obtain previous examination reports
- Ability to correctly and safely operate interventional equipment including contrast injectors following orientation period to the department
- Ability to communicate effectively with all patients, physicians, nurses and other medical personnel
- Ability to handle periods of intensity with calm and to work in stressful situations while maintaining composure and perform required Radiologic duties regardless of the patient's condition
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved)
Research Medical Center is a 585+ bed hospital. Our hospital offers an array of medical and health clinic services. This includes women's services offering obstetrics and fertility, an emergency room, and a trauma center. We offer a Stroke Center, a walk-in clinic, and orthopedics across three Kansas City locations. Our specialty care areas include a Chest Pain Center, Level I Trauma Center, Breast Care Center, Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Programs, and Primary Stroke Center. We are one of 10 HCA Midwest Health hospitals in Kansas City and surrounding areas
Research Psychiatric Center is a 95+ bed facility. We offer acute inpatient, day treatment, and community-based outpatient behavioral healthcare. We treat adolescents, adults, and senior adults for emotional disorders, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our professional staff includes psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and licensed professional counselors. We are committed to delivering our patients skilled compassionate care regardless of age or circumstance.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Interventional Technologist PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website