Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a Speech Language Pathologist IRF PRN with Research Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
Research Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Research Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Speech Language Pathologist IRF PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
The speech pathologist functions as a member of the healthcare team. The purpose is to provide medically prescribed speech evaluation and therapy services in the hospital in accordance with national standard and administrative policies of the hospital.
- The goal is to restore and/or retain function, to prevent or minimize disability following disease, injury, surgery, or loss of a body part in order to allow the patient to perform to his/her maximum ability and to be safe in the least restrictive environment.
- The speech pathologist serves the populations of birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age, adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age, adult patients between 18 to 64 years of age, and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
What qualifications you will need:
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited school is required
- American Speech & Hearing Association
- Current Missouri State professional license or license eligible
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Saving (BLS) certification
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) or be eligible for clinical fellowship
- One-year work experience or clinical internship is required. Prior one-year hospital/health care related experience is preferred
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved)
Research Medical Center is a 585+ bed hospital. Our hospital offers an array of medical and health clinic services. This includes women's services offering obstetrics and fertility, an emergency room, and a trauma center. We offer a Stroke Center, a walk-in clinic, and orthopedics across three Kansas City locations. Our specialty care areas include a Chest Pain Center, Level I Trauma Center, Breast Care Center, Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Programs, and Primary Stroke Center. We are one of 10 HCA Midwest Health hospitals in Kansas City and surrounding areas
Research Psychiatric Center is a 95+ bed facility. We offer acute inpatient, day treatment, and community-based outpatient behavioral healthcare. We treat adolescents, adults, and senior adults for emotional disorders, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our professional staff includes psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and licensed professional counselors. We are committed to delivering our patients skilled compassionate care regardless of age or circumstance.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Speech Language Pathologist IRF PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website