DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Last year alone, our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a Psychiatric RN Educator with Research Psychiatric Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At RPC we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Assistance
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Psychiatric nurses are experts in crisis intervention, mental health assessment, medication and therapy, and patient assistance. Psychiatric nurses work closely with patients to help them manage their mental illnesses and live productive, fulfilling lives.Responsibilities:
- The Nurse Educator functions as an educational and clinical resource for nursing staff and a consultant in area of specialty. Educational services include the development, coordination, and/or instruction of educational programs designed to meet the needs of the professional and non-professional personnel and which are in accordance with the goals and objectives of the hospital, applicable state Nursing Practice Acts, ANA standards of Practice and the generic and unit based structure standards.
- The educator will assess needs of staff, teach, guide and evaluate learning to implement evidence-based practice and research.
- The educator will be a part of the management team and will be responsible for assessing competencies for staff on assigned units plus will share responsibility for RN hospital orientation and annual competency fairs.
- The educator will develop multidisciplinary relationships within the hospital as well as throughout local, regional and national arenas.
- Graduated from an accredited nursing program. Bachelor's degree in nursing is required. Graduate degree in nursing or related field preferred.
- Current state of Missouri RN licensure required. Required certifications and registrations assigned by department. Demonstrated knowledge and practical application of theories and principles of adult education. Must have demonstrated competency with computer technology for teaching purposes.
- A minimum of 3 years clinical experience. Experience in teaching in an academic or health care related field preferred.
For over 30 years Research Psychiatric Center has offered a complete range of acute inpatient, day treatment and community-based outpatient behavioral healthcare. In our 100-bed facility, we treat adolescents, adults and senior adults for emotional disorders, mental illness and substance abuse.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Psychiatric RN Educator opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website