Apply now »
As our world changes rapidly around us in the years to come, one thing we can be sure of is that it will be powered by electricity. We have a great company, selling electrical products, control systems and software that serve homes, buildings and industry. It is a wonderful place for creative, energetic people to build careers in our supply chain, branches, and advisory teams.
Thank you for giving us a look.
We are seeking an Assistant Branch Manager to support our Rexel team in Waterbury, CT!
The assistant branch manager supports the mission and strategy of the branch. This position is responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the branch and is acting manager in the absence of the branch manager. Responsibilities include but are not limited to safety, personnel, facility, inventory, equipment including vehicles, and the overall business results.
- Work with the Branch manager to drive profitability by utilizing company reports to maximize all aspects of branch performance.
- As the reporting manager for Warehouse, Inside Sales and Counter employees, train and supervise associates, recognize personnel problems and take corrective actions as needed.
- Deal effectively with daily customer service issues.
- Establish and maintain a relationship with key customers.
- Greet and assist call-in and walk-in customers with the selection and delivery of products and services.
- Conduct/oversee inventory control procedures and warehouse housekeeping practices.
- Implement branch security and safety standards by conducting facility and asset inspections and taking corrective actions to support controls.
- Participate in inventory control and advise Branch Manager of problems to ensure customer demand is met.
- Maintain branch facility, warehouse and office equipment
- Schedule branch staff to ensure daily coverage including lunch, breaks, etc.
- Control and monitor branch operating expenses and implements corrective actions.
- May be required to perform various duties which may include: Shipping, receiving, stocking inventory, physical inventory, and customer assistance both on phone and at counter.
- Demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of electrical products, inventory control and warehouse operations.
- Skilled in selling products & services, negotiating sales, pricing strategies, and terms
- Knowledge of the territory is a plus
- Previous sales experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of P&L statements is a plus
- Knowledge and ability to use Word, Outlook, Excel and ERP system such as Solar Eclipse.
- 2-4 years of demonstrated leadership abilities/supervisory training/supervisory experience required
- 2-4 years in inside/outside sales, operations, shipping and receiving, plus familiarity with the distribution industry and industrial products required
- Associate's or Bachelors' Degree preferred
Rexel USA (A VEVRAA Federal Contractor), and its affiliated companies, is an EEO/Disabled/Veterans employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-739-3547 to let us know the nature of your request.Assistant Branch Manager 96039 Waterbury Rexel C&I Branch Support Staff Operations/Supply Chain
Nearest Major Market: New Haven
Nearest Secondary Market: Hartford
Apply on company website