If you are a current employee, please STOP and apply through the Careers Application in WorkdayJob Description Summary: The Brown Forman Portfolio Specialist is a key contributor on the sales team and is responsible for maximizing the sale of supplier brands in a highly competitive market. This will be done through effective key account management, brand education, training, promotion and communication that permits achievement of company and supplier objectives through the focus and efforts of the RNDC Young's On-Premise, Off Premise & Chain teams. This role manages the development of growth opportunities and the execution of marketing programs in their assigned retail market. This role requires 90% field & 10% Administrator work. Job Description:
- Align with assigned On-Premise, Off-Premise District Managers in your region to deliver assigned KPI's / growth goals
- Understand the Chain market & and identify planner opportunity
- Analyze assigned accounts, brands, and competition and assist with building effective targeted marketing solutions to ensure achievement of company and Brown Forman's established goals and sales objectives.
- Partner with District Managers and Sales Representatives to ensure effective execution of distribution, back bar, features, menu's, by the glass, POS visibility and staff education.
- Create programs aimed at achieving the objectives of assigned accounts. Monitor campaigns to ensure program execution meets objectives.
- Promote brands and increase brand awareness within their accounts
- Increase brand visibility and maximize point of sale opportunities, including traditional and non-traditional mediums such as event/festival participation, partnerships, sponsorships.
- Develop positive relationships with all decision makers in assigned accounts.
- Communicate issues, opportunities, and market intelligence with appropriate management through written, electronic, and verbal means.
- Serve as information resources for, and conduits between, the field and the company's management.
- Utilize the BF SEE Tool (Internal Survey Platform) to increase BF market share.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years selling spirits/wine.
- Strong level of knowledge of wine and spirits brands.
- The ability to analyze current schematics and to recognize opportunities in warm shelf sets and cold box sets.
- The ability to understand RNDC priorities in the warm shelf and cold box sets.
- The ability to overcome objections and handle retailer reactions.
- Ability to work with management, colleagues and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
- Certifications in one or more of the following: CSW, WSET, SOMM
- 3+ years in a business environment with a beverage alcohol wholesaler or supplier.
- Strong level of knowledge of RNDC team and market conditions.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) environment.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and objection handling skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to engage with diverse groups including but not limited to distributor personnel, suppliers, customers, and the general public
- Proven abilities to develop selling and promotion strategies targeted to enhance sales within an account.
- Proven track record of successful selling.
- Ability to work with management, colleagues, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
- Lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Walk, stand, climb, balance, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl daily.
- Possess a reliable vehicle to drive from account to account.
The typical compensation range for this role is $ $58,600 to $96,300 including base and incentives. Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location, territory and qualifications.
RNDC offers a complete Benefits Package including access to: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account, and 401k.
New hires will accrue 80 vacation hours per year as well as 7 holidays per year (after one year 8). Associates accrue paid sick time at one hour per 40 hours worked. RNDC complies with all state and local laws where applicable.
RNDC has sold fine wines since the end of Prohibition. Our long history and emphasis in the wine business can be attributed to our family roots; focused on family-owned wineries that share many of the same values and goals. Our robust portfolio of fine wines spans the world's most prestigious wine-making regions, from Australia, Chile, and the Rhone Valley of France, to Washington and Oregon. We believe that the wine business is a people business, and with each wine there is a story, a wine maker and a sales team that delivers on each and every bottle. We are dedicated to providing our customers valuable wine expertise. We are dedicated to delivering best in class service and value to our customers.
Enjoy a career with us!
Apply on company website