Republic National Distributing Company (RNDC) is a family-owned business with roots extending before Prohibition that has evolved into one of the nation's largest wine and spirits wholesalers. Our success is grounded in our core values of Family, Service, Accountability, Honesty, and Professionalism. We offer a vibrant, inclusive culture and workplace experience for individuals who want a career that makes them feel accomplished and engaged. RNDC values the health and well-being of our associates, inside and outside the office, offering dynamic health and wellness benefits that supply exceptional care and value. RNDC is geared toward growing our footprint and our people. Join our team of energetic professionals who believe in many happy hours and are experts in our craft.Summary
RNDC is looking for a talented and energetic Warehouse Production Supervisor for the Night Shift, to join our growing Operations team. The Warehouse Production Supervisor directly supervises and coordinates the activities of shift warehouse associates during the night shift. Duties and responsibilities include assigning people and equipment within the warehouse to complete the picking, handling, and loading of customer's orders in time for the next day's deliveries. Orders need to be pulled and loaded on trucks quickly and accurately with minimal breakage.In this role, you will
Plan work assignments and equipment allocation to meet production goals.
- Schedule associates across case pick, bottle pick, truck loading, and replenishment responsibilities for optimum workload balance.
- Release and monitor waves as products are picked and loaded, responding quickly to any issues in case or bottle pick areas.
- As staffing needs require, step in quickly and effectively to cover warehouse worker responsibilities.
- Where applicable, oversee the daily use of warehouse technology (WMS) as well as picking technology (voice picking) to ensure proper use and compliance with picking standards.
- Ensure warehouse safety and housekeeping procedures are followed.
- Plan and execute ongoing cross-training program to ensure workforce is flexible, and able to respond to unexpected shortages during the shift.
- Continuously improve knowledge and skills. Stay current with developments within the manufacturing and distribution field and share expertise with others.
- Assist in the setting of process improvement goals for warehouse employees to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Provide safety tips and recognize associates for working safely.
- Oversee inspections of material handling equipment; ensure equipment is properly maintained. Promptly escalate any mechanical issues in order to minimize downtime.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5-7 years previous Warehouse Management experience. Experience with Manhattan Labor Management and Warehouse Management, as well as experience leading and implementing changes in processes and systems are a plus.What's in it for you
- 401(k) with company matching
- Medical, dental and vision benefits*
- Generous paid time off program – work your way up to 5 weeks of PTO a year with the ability to carryover unused PTO
- Paid volunteer time
- Paid parental leave
- Paid caregiver leave
- Fertility benefits
- Paid training
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, and company-paid holidays
- Associate resource groups, and diversity, equity, and inclusion programs available for all associates
*Participation in these programs is subject to applicable wait periods and all plan and program terms and eligibility
We follow CDC Guidelines and have a fun and safe environment for our teams.
Republic National Distributing Company and National Distributing Company are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.
RNDC is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process, to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please click here.
Apply on company website