DescriptionHourly Wage Estimate: $18.73 - $25.28 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.Introduction
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Radiology Authorization Scheduling Specialist with Rose Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
Rose Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Rose Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Radiology Authorization Scheduling Specialist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
Responsible for timely and accurate insurance authorization and verification for patients scheduled for Radiology exams. This will include running reports, following up with physicians' offices, reviewing and updating orders and as any other needs to obtain an authorization for an exam. Responsibility will also include scheduling patients for Radiology test at multiple locations. Responsibilities will also include the ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to manage the Radiology reception area. This position requires excellent customer service, telephone and computer skills, as well as other office material understanding and strong multi-tasking capabilities. Responsibilities will also include assisting with patient scheduling, registration, check-in, billing functions and a callback processes, which may include the collection of patient co-pays and/or patient deductibles and patient transport abilities. This position also requires a general understanding of the flow if the imaging modalities so one can function as support to the imaging technologists or as a liaison for the patient, referring physician and/or Radiologist.What qualifications you will need:
- Three or more years of experience in an Imaging department setting, specific to reception area functions, authorizations and scheduling. Medical terminology preferred.
- Knowledge of computers – preferably Radiology information software, registration and scheduling programs. Ability to multi-task efficiently. Skill in anticipating problems and the ability to use sound judgment and tact in handling confidential matters. Knowledge of insurance company operations and authorization functions. Skills and ability to navigate and understand order entry and functions as well as rules and regulation with physician orders.
- High School Graduate / GED
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
For over 70 years, Rose Medical Center has provided exceptional care to the Denver area while being known as “Denver's baby hospital.” As a 422 plus bed facility, we have become a respected leader in comprehensive women's services, internal medicine, endoscopy, heart and vascular care, orthopedics and total joint replacement, bariatric surgery, sports medicine and aesthetic surgery. As a HCA Healthcare and HealthONE affiliate, our core value is to improve human life each day at our hospital through caring for both our patients and our people. At Rose Medical Center, we take great pride in hiring the best people to provide care for our patients and families. We are honored to have been named a Denver Post Top Workplace for the past five years, a true badge of honor as the award is voted on by Rose employees.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Radiology Authorization Scheduling Specialist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website