DescriptionHourly Wage Estimate: $38.03 - $58.29 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.Introduction
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Speech Therapist PRN? At Rose Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
Rose Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Speech Therapist PRN like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for evaluating patients, diagnosing disorders; planning, implementing and modifying treatment programs according to age appropriate needs. In addition to direct patient intervention, the Speech Pathologist is involved in the education of patient, family, caregivers, and staff regarding the patient's communication, cognitive skills, and swallowing abilities. The Speech Pathologist may participate in student education and other related duties as required or assigned by supervisor. Equipment used may include, but is not limited to: computer, Vital Stim, electro larynx, audiometer, endoscope.What qualifications you will need:
- The Speech Pathologist must have either a valid certificate of clinical competence issued by the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) and a Colorado License or if a Clinical Fellow, verification of initiation of certification with valid ASHA account number. Must complete Clinical Fellow Year (CFY) within 15 months of hire.
- BLS certification from American Heart Association or ARC required
- Masters degree or Doctorate in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited college or university.
- Hospital/Rehab experience preferred. CFY (Clinical Fellowship Year) candidates accepted.
- Able to perform all evaluations, assessment, treatment planning and test interpretation required in this position. Effective verbal and written communication. Must be competent or willing to be trained and receive competency in modified barium swallows. FEES (Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of the Swallow) experience desired but not required.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Certified Speech Language Hearing
- Speech Pathologist
- Masters Degree
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
For over 70 years, Rose Medical Center has provided exceptional care to the Denver area while being known as “Denver's baby hospital.” As a 422 plus bed facility, we have become a respected leader in comprehensive women's services, internal medicine, endoscopy, heart and vascular care, orthopedics and total joint replacement, bariatric surgery, sports medicine and aesthetic surgery. As a HCA Healthcare and HealthONE affiliate, our core value is to improve human life each day at our hospital through caring for both our patients and our people. At Rose Medical Center, we take great pride in hiring the best people to provide care for our patients and families. We are honored to have been named a Denver Post Top Workplace for the past five years, a true badge of honor as the award is voted on by Rose employees.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Speech Therapist PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website