Title: Nurse II - Medical/Surgical Units Company: Roswell Park Cancer Institute Department: Nursing - Inpatient Administration Time Type: Full time Weekly Hours: 37.5 Summary: Our 18 bed Medical/Surgical units serve patients and their caregivers in the post-operative phase of care through discharge. The surgical services that are frequently cared for on the medical/surgical units include Neurosurgery, Breast surgery, GYN surgery, Head and Neck surgery, Thoracic surgery, GU surgery, GI surgery with medical overflow including chemotherapy. Nurses work in a multidisciplinary team that includes providers, social workers, nutritionists, therapists (OT/PT/Respiratory) and case managers. The units concentrate on providing education to the patient and caregiver to safely continue the recovery process at home. Qualifications: Required Education and Experience
License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New York.
Education and Experience
1. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and the equivalent of one (1) year of full-time oncology nursing experience; or
2. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and the equivalent of one (1) year of full-time critical care experience; or
3. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and the equivalent of three (3) years of full-time medical-surgical experience in an acute care setting
1. Incumbents will serve a one (1) year full-time probationary period as a Nurse II.
2. Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited college or university or one recognized by Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center as following acceptable educational practices.
We are recruiting for positions on both the day and night shift.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute Corporation (RPCIC) and Health Research Inc. (HRI) Roswell Park Division believe that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities, and we do not discriminate against our employees, applicants or job seekers because of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, creed, age, disability, pregnancy-related condition, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, citizenship status, genetic information, individual's relationship or association with a member of a protected category or any other protected group status as defined by law.
Additionally, RPCIC and HRI Roswell Park Division are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to HR-Benefits@RoswellPark.org or call (716) 845-4700 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Apply on company website