At Roush, we work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn't believe. At Roush, you are part of building the future.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
Roush has an immediate need for an Electrified Powertrain Design Engineer II to join our team. As an Electrified Powertrain Design Engineer, you will lead electric powertrain hardware design and release for motors and inverters, DC/DC converters, electric accessories, high voltage junction and distribution boxes and related components. The role works in a team environment on projects for both large and small customers and works to understand each customer's unique needs and meet timelines. The Electrified Powertrain Design Engineer II will perform independent project tasks and collaborate with customers and team members.
As an Electrified Powertrain Design Engineer II, you will:
- Translate customer needs to design requirements and to feasible design concepts and apply relevant engineering analysis to design components and subsystems.
- Support drive cycle analysis, system architecture layouts and hardware sizing.
- Conduct hardware development tasks and testing, while supporting prototype, pre-production, and/or production builds.
- Manage Computer-Aided Design (CAD) resources to develop 3D models and 2D prints.
- Manage build-to-print and full-service suppliers.
- Utilize Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) team or resources to analytically validate designs.
- Develop and execute Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) and Design Validation Plan & Report (DVP&R) documents.
- Document & report status internally and externally to customers.
Minimum qualifications to be considered:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on powertrain engineering work experience within an automotive original equipment manufacturer (OEM) or supplier.
- Experience in xEV (electric vehicle) powertrain analysis, architecture design and hardware and sizing, electric motor and gear box design and integration, high voltage electrical systems (including battery systems), and transmission and hybrid driveline design.
- Experience with drive cycle analysis including vehicle road loads and system losses.
- Experience with GT Suite, MATLAB or other 1-D simulation tools for vehicle, internal combustion engines (ICE), or other complex system analysis and proficient in CAD software.
- Working knowledge of production assembly and manufacturing processes, including launch.
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing multiple work assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical data to various audiences.
- Working knowledge of DFMEA and DVP&R development and maintenance.
A successful candidate may also have:
- Experience with OEM automotive or commercial truck engineering systems and processes.
- Experience in internal combustion engine design including components and systems, powertrain packaging, and thermal systems.
To apply for this position and view all of our other career opportunities at Roush, click here: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. If you need reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
Apply on company website