At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
Roush is seeking a Junior Electronics and Controls Engineer to join its growing Advanced Engineering team! In this entry level position, you will work alongside other Electronics and Controls Engineers to develop control systems for internal Roush projects and external customers. The Junior Electronics and Controls Engineer develops control system software, writes software documentation, and assists with electronics hardware design and selection.
- Develop control system software, including software architecture and control algorithms
- Write software documentation such as flowcharts, state diagrams, timing diagrams, pseudocode, theory of operations, and Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Assist with electronics hardware design and selection, including processing, signal conditioning, sensors, and actuators
- Capture and document customer, system, hardware, and software requirements
- Interact with customers and the Roush engineering team in meetings and presentations
- Test and tune control systems to optimize performance and validate functionality
- Perform wire harness design, including circuit analysis, creating schematics, and wire harness prints
- Write progress reports and final program reports
- Develop system plant models to aid in control system development
- Create and execute software and system test plans
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, aerospace engineering, mechatronics engineering or mechanical engineering
- Must be a US citizen or US lawful permanent resident allowing for ITAR compliance
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink, LabVIEW, C, C++, or Python software languages gained through coursework or other projects
- Ability to read, understand and create electrical schematics, and a good understanding of electrical and electronics basics
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to write concise technical reports
- Initiative to work independently and handle several assignments simultaneously
- Good time management skills to ensure projects are completed by deadline
- Ability to absorb new technical assignments independently
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Experience in a controls related co-op or internship
- Experience with electronics and software-based projects
- Automotive knowledge
- Experience with Controller Area Network (CANbus), Serial, and Ethernet communications
- Ability to operate an oscilloscope and other electronics test equipment
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
Apply on company website