We work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn't believe. At Roush, you're part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovated solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
Known for its engineering expertise, automotive performance and racing team, Roush Enterprises, Inc., solves complex problems for hundreds of customers across the globe. Its division, ROUSH CleanTech, is a proven leader in design, development, and manufacturing of advanced transportation solutions for medium-duty commercial vehicles and school buses. The Livonia, Michigan-based company delivers economical, emissions reducing, domestically produced fueling options for fleets across North America and with more than 25,000 units deployed is poised for more significant growth. Learn more at ROUSHcleantech.com or by calling 800.59.ROUSH.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Roush is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer who will be responsible for evaluating manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials with other internal areas of Roush. The Manufacturing Engineer will improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and fixture development. This position will develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching and improving existing prints, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment, as well as other manufacturing responsibilities.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will:
- Provide manufacturing feasibility assessments for capacity requirements, product design, engineering changes, scope changes and quality concerns
- Develop process flow and line layout requirements
- Develop and implement effective work instruction
- Define capital equipment and tooling required and maintain adherence to the budget of the program
- Project manage the procurement and acceptance of required equipment & tooling
- Project manage the manufacturing requirements of the product development and launch processes
- Facilitate the implementation of production equipment/tooling into the manufacturing facility and any corresponding technical training
- Assess the product, process, equipment, and tooling strategies for potential ergonomic concerns and manage action items to resolve
- Support customer part needs through pilot, testing, run-at-rate and internal process sign offs
- Create and support continuous improvement projects
To be considered as a Manufacturing Engineer, you will need:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. lawful permanent resident allowing for ITAR compliance
- Bachelor's degree in engineering - manufacturing, welding, and /or assembly processes
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a production-based environment
- Experience with automotive, aviation, military or defense industries
- Engineering experience with production assembly tooling, low volume production manufacturing and assembly
- Experienced with performing time studies and workflow analysis
- Basic understanding of ISO9001 and AS9100 processes and procedures
- Solid MS Office experience, with specific ability to create project plans
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter, willing to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to lead team and execute planned activities
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
A successful candidate may also have:
- Vehicle Electrification and Electrical Systems experience.
- Experience in advanced manufacturing (robotics, moderate volume automation, PLC controls knowledge).
- Lean manufacturing principles and practices
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. Please visit our careers page and apply by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
*SF *KR *JG
Apply on company website