We work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn't believe. At Roush, you're part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovated solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Roush has an immediate opening for a Mechanic Build Leader who will be responsible for leading teams of mechanics. This position is located at our Allen Park, MI facility.
As a Mechanic Build Leader, you will:
- Delegate tasks/assignments to team members
- Track schedules/issues/QOS/timecards
- Support clean-up efforts and processes
- Manage toolbox program
- Take disciplinary actions when appropriate and enact emergency protocols when needed
To be considered as a Mechanic Build Leader, you will need:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. lawful permanent resident allowing for ITAR compliance
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of auto mechanic experience including 2 years of troubleshooting/diagnostics
- 1 year of experience in a leadership role
- Ability to manage a project and budget
- Ability to motivate others and work in a team atmosphere
- Willingness to take on new challenges and complete all assignments
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Have good attendance and be able to work overtime on short notice
- Intermediate computer experience including Excel
- Own tools including a rolling toolbox
- Excellent driving record
- Ability to drive a manual transmission vehicle
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. Please visit our careers page and apply by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
Apply on company website