We work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn't believe. At Roush, you're part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovated solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Roush is currently looking for a Program Manager who will be the central point of contact for the customer and oversee both direction of the program plan and the progress of the cross functional program team. The primary program scope involves high risk/complex programs, new or future business awards, and includes existing programs that have major changes directed by the customer. This person will be responsible for program completion within a determined scope, quality, and time and cost constraints. They will also promote customer satisfaction by ensuring program adheres to customer specifications and contract deliverables.
As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing all aspects of a program including the initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing phases over the entire life of the program
- Effectively balance competing program constraints including, but not limited to, scope, quality, schedule, funding, budget, resources and risk while achieving the highest quality and stakeholder/customer satisfaction levels
- Developing and overseeing program schedules, tracking and updating milestones and key activity streams that enable the cross-functional project teams to meet objectives to ensure the team knows what is expected of them
- Adhering to the product design process, monitoring compliance for each of the functional groups throughout the various phases of the plan, and holding formal gate reviews for management approval to proceed into next phase of the plan
- Monitoring progress of projects through internal reviews, leading team meetings and assisting where needed to quickly resolve impasses by addressing and/or elevating issues internally and with the customer, ensuring barriers that could impede program progress are removed
- Communicating program status in a consistent manner with other program managers (financial health, forecast, issues, risks, etc.) to senior management in an open and honest fashion
- Monitoring changes in program scope and communicate them to the customer in accordance with the contract requirement to capture any cost(s) or schedule change(s)
- Managing the day-to-day client interaction, including setting and managing client expectations and ensuring a positive customer experience
- Identifying risks in a timely manner, managing and developing mitigation/contingency plans with key stakeholders, removing blockers and impediments to support team efforts
- Managing purchasing support to maintain vendor relationships and contractual commitments as required by the specific program
- Providing support for proposal development for new programs, as required
- Communicating the program quality requirements or work procedure/instructions to the cross functional teams and supporting the department quality system.
To be considered as a Program Manager - Engineering, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Additional project management, business management education/experience and training will be considered
- 5+ years of experience in product development of industrial equipment or automotive industries
- 3+ years of program management experience throughout the entire project life cycle
- US citizenship or green card required to allow for ITAR compliance
- Knowledge of the engineering design and release process leading to the production/manufacturing of components and assemblies, including BOM development to describe content, weight and cost
- Experience developing and reporting program critical elements (open issues, project timing plans, budget variances, etc.) to management, internal, and customer teams
- Must be a self-starter, exhibit excellent organizational, problem solving and analytical skills, high standards with attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Must demonstrate high levels of interpersonal communication skills with the ability to impact and influence others
- Must be a strong team leader fostering teamwork, cooperation and relationship building
- Must exhibit high levels of self-control, self-confidence and flexibility
- Proficient in MS applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- 10% travel to client sites may be required (domestic and international)
- Government contract experience preferred
- PMP preferred
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. Please visit our careers page and apply by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
Apply on company website