Job ID: 2019-79220
The Administrator, Payroll and Billing, will process driver payroll, owner operator pay and customer billing, which includes driver trip sheet auditing, and will perform automated processes in the various payroll systems to submit audited payroll for processing. S/he will perform customer billing, according to the contractual agreement between Ryder and the customer, and communicate with Payroll and Billing field staff, supervisor and management regarding payroll or billing delays and issues. This individaul will maintain team member goals to complete weekly payroll and billing duties, demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills adhering to payroll and billing deadlines, and will maintain files for payroll and billing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- One or two (1 or 2) years of related experience
- Ability to:
- Make quality decisions by employing innovative, clear and concise problem solving strategies
- Blend with peers promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion with a focus on building positive customer rapport
- Perform work accurately and thoroughly with a minimum of 92% accuracy rate
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Consistently demonstrate honesty, integrity and truthfulness, which promote the team focus and a positive and credible workplace
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment under stressful situations
- Capable of multitasking and highly organized, following a systematic method of performing a task, with excellent time management skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Computer Skills (HAH, SCOS, Microsoft Office)
- Review trip sheets, wage computation and other information to detect and reconcile payroll and billing discrepancies; Communicate with field staff, supervisor and management to resolve discrepancies with trip sheets, payroll and billing issues to ensure adherence to payroll and billing deadlines
- Verify attendance, hours worked and pay adjustments and input information into the transportation management system; Issue and record adjustments to driver pay related to previous errors and omissions; Assist assigned Payroll and Billing team and staff as needed to ensure timely submission of each customer's driver payroll and billing
- Perform analysis of payroll and billing-related data to verify accuracy of the individual customer payroll and billing and to collect year-to-date totals; Post relevant work hours to client files to bill customers properly
- Maintain payroll and billing records which include, but are not limited to, organizing and filing
- Continuously update supervisor and management regarding payroll and billing changes and issues
- Continuously train and maintain an understanding and the ability to process payroll and billing for assigned customers and those of assigned team members
- Data entry with attention to detail and accuracy while entering alpha-numeric data.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website