If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
Automation Maintenance Technician
We are looking for a Maintenance Technician that is responsible for daily repairs and preventative maintenance to automated packaging lines. This position requires direct involvement with daily operations and future projects to assure activities support facility goals and objectives. Technician will be reporting to the maintenance supervisor.
- Participate in the continual development and improvement of maintenance policies, procedures and standard operating procedures for the facility.
- Maintain and insure spare parts inventories and/or consignment inventories are being maintained consistent with procedures.
- Ensure a clean and organized maintenance area. Facility always tour ready.
- Ensure PM entries into software are complete and accurate.
- Ensure compliance with good manufacturing practices (GMP's).
- Utilizes the computerized maintenance management systems to their fullest potential as a tool to keep the department organized and as a communication tool to the plant and corporate management.
- Establishes work schedules that meet the demands of operating and PM programs.
- Actively participate in safety and Lean programs; support the Ryder culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possesses a strong background in maintenance repair and preventative maintenance programs. Ability to work with PLC's is required.
- Knowledge of 480volts and pneumatic equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic components and repair packaging equipment.
- Good electronic background.
- Must have good organizational, communication, and planning skills.
- Must have working knowledge of computer based equipment maintenance and parts inventory systems.
- Ability to lift up to 60lbs. repeatedly.
- Able to work in fast paced environment and be able to multitask.
- Ability to work independently in a safe manner
- Understanding of food grade warehouse sanitary requirements.
- Background in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repairs in automation.
Job Category: Logistics
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website