If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here at http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Construction Manager SCS, will serve as the primary point of contact for all construction and tenant improvement matters as it relates to lease negotiations, design translation, code compliance, hazardous materials thresholds, and cost tracking. This role report to the Director of Corporate Real Estate, and will collaborate with RE Portfolio Managers, Environmental, Sales, SCS Operations/Sales and Solutions Engineers throughout the project life cycle beginning with customer RFP issuance through turnover to Ops and project closeout.
Additionally, this position will serve as a SME during lease negotiations with Landlords and will direct design consultants, engage appropriate public officials and liaise with Contractors to ensure our buildings are designed according to our Customer use and functionality requirements. Superior relationship building skills necessary to establish trusted partnerships with suppliers, brokers, public agencies, customers, and internal team members and to ensure timely, coordinated delivery of our building warehouses is critical.
This role is positioned to optimize our SCS real estate portfolio by having a deep understanding of the specialized features and functions that our supply chain customers will require within our warehouses, with a special emphasis on hazardous materials storage. This role will be positioned to understand our customers business and challenges to help introduce real estate solutions and highlight cost saving opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have minimum of 5+ years of experience in warehouse construction project management with emphasis on hazardous materials storage. Experience with supply chain management preferred
- Responsible for the management of various projects from commercial buildings, industrial buildings and warehouses. Duties include budgeting, buyout, scheduling, permitting, construction coordination and project closeouts
PLANNING AND COST MANAGEMENT:
- Drive the End to End Construction Project Management lifecycle.
- Ability to thoroughly evaluate and perform inspections of prospective warehouses, creating comprehensive reports outlining infrastructure, systems and condition while highlighting potential challenges and advantages as they relate to tenant specific needs and lease terms.
- Build business case support for all projects, from identifying project goals, required team(s), tasks, and desired impacts.
- Early identification of technical code construction impacts and how code mandates relate s to customers product mix, warehouse requirements for hazardous and regulated materials.
- Develop and manage construction project timelines, workflows, and key business owners.
- Manage and outline critical project activities and subsequent milestones.
- Mitigate and resolve risks and issues through project start and completion.
- Develop reporting standards and project tracking tools to update teams and drive continual cost savings and improvements.
- Identify cross-functional impacts and serve as the expert liaison between key business owners and department managers for all projects.
- Manage and document all processes and successfully transition ownership when required.
- Create and implement standards for tenant improvement templates to automatically track project costs and design features.
- Serve as the Construction Project Management Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Understanding the “Big Picture” to oversee and manage integration between newly deployed project processes and already existing processes
- Identify and manage elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong Construction Project Management skills; Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Strong verbal and written Communication skills ;Ability to influence senior management
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills; Multitasking and prioritization skills extremely necessary for success in this position
- Effective negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of building standards for industrial and warehouse environments
- Knowledge of Construction Safety Management
- Knowledge of properties and construction in an industrial environment
- Knowledge of Ryder's core transportation/warehousing industries preferred
- Bachelor's degree required in Architecture, Engineering, Business or Finance
- Five (5) years or more professional experience in construction management required
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
Real Estate & Construction
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website