You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Manager - Continuous Improvement supports the development of the Ryder Continuous Improvement culture across the Business Unit/Vertical by actively promoting and facilitating the use of continuous improvement methods to support new business and existing operations. They will drive change through focused CI efforts to higher levels of performance in safety, quality, performance, cost and growth each and every day. Effectively utilizing lean and engineering methodologies, tools, root cause analysis and waste reduction with a bias for action, this high influence position will interface with employee at all levels and various functions / departments across the business and within a facility.
This position supports assigned VP of Operations (Business Unit/Vertical) and reports to the CI Director. This individual must possess a willingness and desire to work directly with his/her peers and their direct reports in the business units to define and set a strategy for engineering efforts and continuous improvement activities for new and existing operations.
Must have IE degree and heavy warehouse start-up experience, warehouse and layout design, slotting, WMS experience, etc.
Skills and Abilities
- Lean: Proficiency with: Creating Cell Designs, Managing Material Flow, Design Plan for Every Part Systems (PFEP), Setting up/operation of Kanban, Supermarket Systems Pull Systems, Lean Mfg Systems, Developing and most important managing to: Leader Standard Work, Visual Management Systems and Management Accountability Systems, Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA).
- Warehouse Engineering: Mastery with: Product Slotting, Distribution Center MHE, Studying Labor Standards (time studies), Distribution Layouts and optimization of flow, Warehouse Metrics, Headcount rationalization and forecasting, Data Profiling, Working with ambiguous data sets and customer requirements to develop a Supply Chain Solution, WMS Functionality and Processes required to implement engineering designs/solutions/proposals Aptitude to learn a new business and systems.
- Effective interpersonal skills, Builds and manages effective teams, System and change implementation skills, Strong verbal and written communication skills..
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors), Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment, Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Bachelor's degree required in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain Bachelors Degree or minimum of 10 years relevant work experience
- Master's degree preferred in Supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering
- Ten (10) years or more in the Distribution, Warehousing and/or Manufacturing, Transportation, Supply Chain Logistics industry required
- Ten (10) years or more in the Distribution, Warehousing, Transportation, Supply Chain Logistics industry preferred
- Lean, TPS, QMS
- American Production Inventory Control Society (APICS) and/or Supply Chain Logistics Certification
Greater than 60%
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website